- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
So we just recently got married and everything went off without a hitch and we are thrilled with our vendors. We feel we paid quite a bit for everything and many of our vendors own their own businesses. With this in mind, we were wondering which of the following we had to tip. We plan to just send everyone a thank you card with the tip since we neglected to figure this out prior to the wedding. We have also left extensive online reviews for our vendors as well with a ton of praise.
– Caterer: We tipped off the service charge alone for the servers/bartender/captain. Anyone else needed? We did about 20% of the service line item which is already quite a bit of money IMO. However, they had a TON of staff there and we received a lot of compliments on the service. Should we tip even more?
– DJ: We had the owner of the company handle our event but when we were there, we saw one person handling the setup (lighting) and then he had one assistant with him the whole night, which we didn’t expect. Who needs tip and how much?
– Coordinator: We paid for a month-of but it was an easy wedding and we really only needed her for the rehearsal and the day of. She owns her own business but she did have to do a fair amount of driving as we are a little far from her home base. She was good at her job though. Tip and how much?
– Photobooth: We thought there would be only one attendant but there ended up being two. How much would be appropriate? The attendants are not the owners.
– Photographer: We really thought he did a great job (though we haven’t seen the photos yet) and he had a second shooter that took a ton of photos too. They had great ideas and really loved what they do. Tip and how much?
– Venue coordinator: There was a team of two at the venue that handled the ceremony and was provided by the venue (though we had our own coordinator). They did a pretty good job. Do I need to tip them? How much would be appropriate? All of our communication until the day of was with another staff member.