(Closed) Tips for growing hair long by May 2018?

posted 3 years ago in Beauty
Post # 2
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: City, State

you could go with extensions and not stress about it  🙂 my hair isn’t thick or fast-growing so i have considered extensions.

Post # 3
5081 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
irishbride2018 :  I have long hair that grows super fast, I cut off 18 inches last November and it’s almost back to where it was. The hair grows from the root, not the tip, so trimming won’t make it grow any faster, though it might help with breakage if you are prone to split ends. I get a trim maybe once a year, if that. I don’t use any supplements, but DH massages my head pretty much every night, not for hair growth, I just like it. I don’t know the official science on that, but it makes sense that perhaps increased blood flow due to the massage makes the hair grow faster. 

Post # 4
8390 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

What you’re doing is probably the best. Don’t cut it! You do NOT need a cut every 6-8 weeks or whatever the hair stylist tells you. 

You can try all the suppliments and special shampoos anda ll that you want, but if you continually cut off all your new growth, you’ll never see any change. Hair grows (on av) 1/2″ per month. If you go every two months and get a 1″ trim, you are just staying at the same length. I get a hair cut about once every 6 months. I usually cut it to a bit above my waist and when it gets around my hips I cut it again. I like long hair, but that is *too* long for me to keep up with lol. 

Also, ifyou cut out heat styling and wear your hair up more, you’ll be able to ‘stretch’ the lack of a cut. No matter what the commercials (or again, hair stylists) say, no heat protector is going to 100% heat proof your hair. Heat damage is cumulative, and WILL show damage. It creates a cycle where your natural hair is damaged, and only looks good when you heat style it, which creates more damage, etc. 

Post # 5
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Vineyard Lake

I’ve been taking Natures Bounty Hair, Skin & Nail capsules for the last couple months & absolutely love it! I started taking it for my problem dry skin, which it has helped amenselly, but my hair & nails have also been growing faster, stronger & healthier. I highly recommend!

Post # 7
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

My hair has started growing like wildfire since I stopped using shampoo and conditioner. It’s gone from shoulder length to hip length. I started doing it so I didn’t need to wash my hair all the time, and I now I wash my hair once every 2-3 weeks (depending on activity level/how hot it is, etc), but I don’t use any styling products either. Search for “no pool method” on Google if you’re interested 🙂

Post # 8
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Honestly there isn’t a TON you can do to make it actually grow faster, it’s mostly genetic. But you can definitely do a lot to make sure it stays long by avoiding breakage. Avoid heat styling as much as you can, try to brush gently, avoid handling it too much when wet, always use conditioner and a leave in, avoid dyeing it, are the main things. You can use masks to help as well, you need a moisture mask if a single strand of it breaks easily when you pull it and you need protein if it stretches a lot before breaking.

I would highly recommend looking into clip in extensions. I got a set of real human hair ones from a wig shop for $100 for my whole head and they looked fantastic. No one could tell at all except that I had really nice thick hair (my hair is naturally thin and fine).

Post # 9
678 posts
Busy bee

I’d recommend taking biotin supplements. But they can make you break out, so you might not want to take them every day.

The topic ‘Tips for growing hair long by May 2018?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors