Post # 1
So, I just recently decided that I want to put together a scrapbook at the end of this fun wedding adventure to capture all the lovely memories that went into the planning process. Now, I have never scrapbooked before, so I am trying to brain storm of some ideas as to what to save, take pictures of, etc along the way to eventually add to my scrapbooking project.
Here are some of my ideas so far:
- Proposal story
- Engagement announcements(from newspaper, magazine)
- Engagement congratulations cards (from friends/family)
- Few pics from the engagement session
- Dress shopping including Pics of ‘the dress’ and pics of the dresses that didn’t make the cut.
- Bachelorette party invites- along with pictures from the party
- Bridal shower pictures
- Wedding invites
- RSVP response cards- only if they have a funny comment on them
- Hair trial pictures/makeup
- Rehearsal/rehearsal dinner pictures
- And a few images of the wedding day
Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should add/save?
Post # 3
Very cool idea!
What about some of the details…like accessories, flowers, cake. Or wedding party decisions like BM/GM attire and gifts?
Post # 4
If you’re doing any DIY I think it’d be hilarious to do a “DIY Fail” page if things don’t turn out as you hoped.
Post # 5
I haven’t gotten to the scrapbook of the start of the relationship to the marriage point yet, but with the wedding book here are some of the things I included:
- Wedding rehearsal
- Dress photos
- hair and make up shots
- getting ready shots for bride and groom
- miscellaneous shots of family/getting ready
- detail shots of the church/decor/programs/bubbles/flowers
- random shots of guests walking in/getting seated
- shots of the processional
- picture of my husband seeing me for the first time that day
- random shots of me/my hubby and I/bms/family/etc during the ceremony/vows
- the lighting of the unity candle
- our first kiss as man and wife
- the recessional
- walking out of the church under all the bubbles
- group shot with everyone
- all the rest of the group shots/wedding party shots
- random candids of people/us that I liked
- our fav bride and groom shots
- fav bridal shots
- our “getaway” to the hotel that night (we had our reception the next day)
- reception detail shots including decor/diys/cake/buffet/guestbook/card box/etc
- random candids of us/our guests mingling
- a page of disposable camera shots
- first dance pics
- father/daughter dance pics (my hubby didn’t want a mother/son dance)
- cake cutting pics
- bride/mom pics and bride/mil pics
My book was pretty detailed, but that’s basically what we did. When I get to the story of us book and the planning leading up to the wedding, I was planning on including the items that you are talking about as well as cards/gifts received for the wedding and engagement party maybe some pictures of my original inspiration pictures vs what I finally ended up.
I don’t care to publicly post my book since it does have some personal info in it, but if you would like to see the book that I’ve completed so far, let me know and I’ll be happy to pm/email the link to you.
Post # 6
@pink.sequins: Excellent suggestions, I’m adding those to my list!
@Gingersnap: I love the idea of a fail page. lol. I could even include a few of the ridicoulous quotes (that i obviously did not book) I’ve recieved from various vendors…
@dodgercpkl: Wow, that sounds awesome! After I finish the ‘engagement/wedding prep book’ I plan to put together an ‘us’ book that will include years 0 through year 6 of our relationship. If you don’t mind sharing your scrapbook go ahead and feel free to PM the link. Nobody I know scrapbooks, so I’ve only seen 1 completed scrapbook ever.
Post # 7
Do you guys scrapbook digitally or not?
Post # 8
@mosh20: Sent you the link in a pm. 🙂 I hope you enjoy it!
@med700: This book that I linked to mosh via pm was done digitally via mixbook.com. I love to scrapbook with paper and scissors, but my parents wanted their book faster then that. lol So it varies. I do very much like the online scrapbooking capabilities, but then there is something about doing something with your own hands. 🙂
Post # 9
@dodgercpkl: Thank you, it’s awesome!
Post # 10
I’ve made a scrapbook for every year we’ve been together. But it will be cute to do one just for the wedding planning. Cute idea 🙂
Post # 11
warning – scrapbooking is addicting 🙂 Sounds like you have some great ideas and plans so far. Once you get started, it’s impossible to stop!