(Closed) To choose or let him choose?

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which ring do you like better and is it a bad idea to leave it up to him?
    Ring 1: The pear center stone : (41 votes)
    18 %
    Ring 2: The oval center stone : (69 votes)
    30 %
    It's okay that you love them both! Let Mr. S pick the ring! : (97 votes)
    43 %
    You're setting yourself up for disappointment! Pick a ring, lady! : (21 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 17
    408 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

Flip a coin, and if you’re happy get that one or if you’re disappointed choose the other style because that’s the one you really wanted, it’s the quickest way to know. 

Post # 18
    3154 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@Sawyer13:  This is unfair- they are both so gorgeous! I couldn’t bring myself to vote for one or the other, but I voted for let your SO pic. You would be so lucky with either!!

Post # 19
    1637 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I would get a ring made with a pear diamond, but make the halo more delicate like the second ring! I think it would be the perfect combo because that’s what I love about the oval!!!

Post # 21
    1260 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2002

I have an oval, currently having a custom halo made, but man, I love that pear too!  It looks amazing!  The choice is too hard, let him decide, lol.  

Post # 22
    109 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I voted to let him choose. I couldn’t choose though because I love them both! Typically I dislike pear shapes, but this one is just divine. Maybe it’s the rose gold. I love the oval too. You can’t go wrong. Congratulations!!

Post # 23
    109 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@MrsChristopher:  oh and I TOTALLY agree with this! I’ve used this trick in the past to help make decisions!

Post # 24
    5965 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

I love the oval! If you truly don’t care then let him pick. I had a few different rings picked out but liked them all equally so I told DH to pick. It brought a little element of surprise to the ring 🙂

Post # 25
    108 posts
    Blushing bee

@Andthepupmakes3:  I’m plus 1 with this! I’m a pear girl through and through (though super partial to ovals), but love the delicate halo on the oval.

if you truly don’t have a preference then let him chose, but if it were me in my heart I would have a preference (even if I didn’t know it right away) 🙂

Post # 26
    2842 posts
    Sugar bee

@Sawyer13:  I personally love them both, but the oval comes out every so slightly ahead for me. I would just let Mr. S pick, UNLESS you are not really dead even in loving them both equally. If your thoughts tend to drift to one over the other I would defintely tell him which you want.

Post # 27
    69 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

LOVE the oval!

Post # 28
    623 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I much prefer the oval over the pear.

I wanted complete say in my ring but Fiance wanted to be the one to pick it.  I’m very picky and it was really hard for me to give up that control and just trust him.  He wound up picking a ring that I really love, that honestly, I never would have thought to try on.  In my case it worked out but there are a lot of threads where the guy picks out the ring and the girl doesn’t like it.

I say pick it out.

The topic ‘To choose or let him choose?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors