(Closed) To deposit or not to deposit

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1580 posts
Bumble bee

I say no. I actually picked my date around my venue availability about 1 year in advance. I think you can at least wait another year since that venue gets booked 2 years in advance if you are 100% sure of that date.

Post # 4
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Since it’s 3 years from now, I’d say “no” also.  Anything can happen in the next 3 years: venues can close down, new venues can open up….so you never know.  I’d say research for now and really decide about 1 year from your event date.  Happy planning!

Post # 5
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Wait. Don’t be one of those brides that ends up doing everything too early, then wants to change her mind with 6 months left. Really research what you like, if you find a venue you like tell them you are interested, but aren’t comfortable putting a deposit down yet. Then call them every so often and ask how its filling up.

The topic ‘To deposit or not to deposit’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors