- 8 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
So I find myself with a problem, already. Do I have a destination wedding or not? Here are the pros and cons for each.
1. I live in beautiful Palm Springs. Alot of people come here for destination weddings. Why would I leave?
2. DIY projects are a lot easier when you live in the town your getting married in.
3. My totally crafty and awesome BFF/MOH lives right in town and I think is more excited about DIY projecs than I am. She has volunteered to make the flower girl dresses and wands.
3. I live here. I don’t have to drive 5 hours to meet with vendors and I know this place like the back of my hand. (Finding a location for the rehearsal dinner? no sweat!).
4. About 75% of my guests live here.
5. November is beautiful here.
1. Southern California is pricey. (California in general is pricey).
2. We will only have a few hours to spend with our guests, rather than a couple of days.
1. Who doesn’t love Las Vegas? Even though my fiance and I aren’t big drinkers or gamblers, we both love vegas. I like walking around and seeing the beautiful hotels and shopping. He lieks the huge Bass Pro Shop, there.
2. Vegas has so many options for weddings.
3. We get to spend a whole weekend in Vegas with our guests.
1. Because Vegas is a destination wedding for us that means our budget has to be spread over more events (i.e. meet and greet and morning after brunch).
2. I have to drive five hours to meet with wedding vendors.
3. Almost all of my friends have small children. Traveling to Vegas may be more difficult for them.
What’s a girl to do?