(Closed) To Dr. or Not?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1134 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

When in doubt, at least call the office and ask they think you should come in! Better safe than sorry!

Post # 4
839 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Can you call your doctor and just talk to him or a nurse over the phone? I’m not pregnant but I’ve done that before for non-pregnancy related things. I just called them to explain what was going on and to ask if they thought I needed to come in, and they were happy to help.

If you decide not to go in, I would at least call them. But don’t just do nothing. It’s better to be safe than sorry!

Post # 5
9142 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@tnbellebee:  Call the doctor.  Better to be safe than sorry with blood pressure issues.  Pre-eclampsia is a serious condition.

Post # 6
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Having pain where you described it is unfortunately really common and something you’ll probably be dealing with until the baby comes =/  You said it’s on your right side, I’m assuming kind of up close to your ribs, like a bit under your breast? I’ve been aching there for weeks (I’m 37 weeks along) and my midwife said that’s a very normal spot to have some pain and tenderness. I can’t really comment on the blood pressure because I’ve never taken mine at home and it’s always been fine at the doctor’s office.

Post # 7
6824 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Please call the doctor, you should always error on the side of caution when you are pregnant

Post # 9
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

It probably isn’t your stomach as that is on the left. It might be something to do with your gallbladder or your liver though.

I think it’s worth asking your doctor or a nurse about. If that was the only time your blood pressure was high I wouldn’t be too worried but liver issues in late pregancy can become severe.

Post # 11
4583 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Not to alarm you, but abdominal pain can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia:

“This type of abdominal pain, often called epigastric pain or upper right quadrant (URQ) pain, is usually under the ribs on the right side. It can be confused with heartburn, gallbladder problems, flu, indigestion or pain from the baby kicking.”

That, combined with the high Bridal Party reading would make me want to get in touch with my doctor if I were you. Good luck!

Post # 12
4355 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I second everything iheartnerds said, better to check with the doctor! If it were pre-e and you ignored it thinking it was nothing it could be very dangerous for you and baby.

Post # 15
4583 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@tnbellebee:  Will be thinking of you and hoping all is well.


Pre-eclampsia has been a concern for me because I had chronic hypertension prior to getting pregnant. I’m 37 weeks now and my BPs have been consistently high for the last few days so they just upped my dosage of Bridal Party meds and I’m doing weekly biophysical profiles to keep an eye on baby but I don’t currently have any other symptoms of pre-eclampsia. Better safe than sorry. 🙂


Post # 16
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would. It can’t hurt and calling a doctor is free. Better to be safe than sorry.

The topic ‘To Dr. or Not?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors