Post # 1
Hello all, I am very stressed and very indecisive about what I should do! My wedding is Saturday, 4-10pm. everything is outdoors- ceremony & reception. The venue is a restaurant (which will remain open to customers) so there is no indoors place to move if the weather goes south. our our only option is to tent.
ive been watching the weather report all week and the forecast has been 80 and sunny forever (but with rain on Sunday morning) until yesterday afternoon. yesterday, it shifted to 20% chance of rain during the day saturday and 50% chance at night. Currently, the forecast is 10% during the day, 60% during the night “mainly after 11pm”. Our reception ends at 10.
i really don’t want to tent. at all. We have all these plans to string string lights everywhere and the tent would really kill the vibe of the venue. Also, it’s an extra 1k+. I have I make the call by today and I really don’t know what to do! My guy tells me the rain will hold off until later at night, but if in wrong…people coukd be eating outside in the rain? I would be ok if it held off until 9 or 10 because we could all move into the bar area. As long as ee could get through the bulk of the day/evening it would be great. I would be heartbroken to spend all that money and make my venue ugly only to have it NOT rain.
What at should I doooooo?
Post # 3
I believe most places will allow you to put one a hold- so if in the event ( fingers crossed ) you do need it it will be on stand by, you – or someone- just calls them and says ok your gonna use it. It’s just as a precaution, and I don’t think they make you pay much to have one as a backup plan, but I’m not sure about where you live. Maybe just see about that. But , as nerve racking as I could only imagine this must be for you, if it were me I’d go with what your man is saying.. It don’t sound like your gonna get rained out. But as I said, if it’s worrying you, I know you can call and say you just looking for a backup plan.
Post # 4
i wanted to tell you to call around, because some places will let you put a tent on hold with no deposit up until like the day before. So you’d be able to just call the day before & either say thanks but I don’t need it, or yes I’m gonna go with it and from there you pay. Other places may just charge a small fee for doing this. It’s worth making a few calls
Post # 5
sierra22: I think you should have the tent on standby. You can make the call abotu actually using it on Saturday morning but I think spending the 1k to have it just in case is better than risking it and having soggy guests.
Post # 6
I think that you need to have the tent ready. While it may not rain, what if it does? Your guests are absolutely wet and soaked. I would imagine people will get out of there so quickly and your wedding can end abruptly.
Do it – then you won’t have to worry about your wedding being ruined.
Post # 7
I’m sure you’ve heard of intellicast.com before, but if not — check your weather there. It is the most detailed hourly graphing of the weather by zip code that I could find leading up to our big day.
Post # 8
Well, I did call around. The tent companies need to know by today (Thursday) since they have to schedule their crews for delivery and set up. The forecast is now calling for showers after midnight. Just scares me because that could so easily change or be wrong and then we are SOL! I’m leaning towards taking my chances. Am I nuts?
Post # 9
I wouldn’t take the chance. TBH I think it’s really selfish of you to risk having your guests be soaking wet because you want to hold on to your “vision”. I would not be happy if I were a guest at your wedding and you didn’t have a rain plan in place. You can probably have the tent on hold and then decide not to use it last minute, they will keep whatever deposit you put down but you can still keep your vision and some of your money. Not trying to be rude but you knew this was a risk when you planned an outdoor wedding, so it’s up to you to make sure everyone stays dry.