76 %
    Wait on florist : (7 votes)
    9 %
    Wait on videographer : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    2714 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I’m a June 2012 bride and I’ve been planning since August… So I say… Plan away!!!

We have a venue, DJ and photog so far. Working on booking our videog, officiant and florist right now.

What are you wanting to wait on?

Post # 4
    2216 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I voted to wait on the florist…

From my research (I am also a lat 2012 bride), most florists will do a couple of weddings each day, so there is no rush to book one.  It might be worth holding off until closer to the big day, so you can see what kind of flowers the florist will have – available flowers change with the season.

Post # 6
    162 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

It’s definitely not too soon to plan!  If you find a florist you like now, book them.  And if you change your mind about the flowers you want you can always call them closer to your wedding date and adjust things.  I really think vendors can’t be booked too early.

Post # 7
    7300 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

@ADKbride12: I’m June of 2012 and we have a photographer, venue, and Fiance is actually going to go try on a tux just to lock in the price special from the bridal show I went to. You can get the big things out of the way. Depending on where you live, they may already start booking 2012. I know one venue at the bridal show was actually booked until 2013.
    Get your venue in place first before you start planning anything else. Have you started a rough guest list? Budget?

Post # 9
    2714 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@ADKbride12: Personally I want to have all of the vendors booked and out of the way. That way when I get to like the 8 month mark I can focus on little details. Usually there is a clause in the contract saying that you will be refunded if they do not work on your wedding day. Make sure all your contracts have something like this.

Post # 11
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I personally wouldn’t want to start on the details yet, but knock yourself out on the vendors. I change my mind a lot, so I wouldn’t want to be locked into a theme or colors for that long. 

Post # 12
    7300 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

@jo.lee: I agree. I changed my color scheme twice, but that has nothing to do with my photographer or venue. The color scheme we have now is done. Fiance said I was not to change it again and I am committed to it.

Post # 13
    10 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I don’t think it’s too early at all.  I’m a Septmber 2012 bride and have already started the planning process.  I didn’t think everything would be so hard, but when you have a budget and are trying to fit everything into that and your vision, it is a difficult process!

Post # 14
    3011 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m a October 2012 bride, but I found that I keep changing my mind about a few things.  If you’re absolutely positive of the things you want, then I say plan away.  🙂

Post # 15
    354 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Laurel Rock Farms, PA

Its never to early to plan as long as you like your plans.  If you take the time and do your research and no who and what you want to use then thats great and book it bc sept it a popular month.  Im getting married this sept however my best friend is next sept and im helping her get things done so shes less stressed for her day.  Keep on planning!

Post # 16
    1488 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I’m a March 2012 bride, but I’ve had pretty much all the major vendors picked and put a deposit down on them before Christmas time. Vendors wont blow you off for a 2012 wedding, you’re only about 18 months out, so it’s not uncommon for some to book up that early. If you find a vendor you fall in love with, I say book them.

The topic ‘to soon to plan for 2012?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors