- 6 years ago
- Wedding: November 2012
Ok so MrN & I have had so many ups & downs while planning this blasted wedding, there have been many tears, arguments & even talk of calling it all off so now we have this offer & we’re hesistant so I’m looking for some feedback from the hive.
When MrN & I got engaged we wanted a destination wedding in a tropical setting (Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, etc) & when we told our immediate families we were met with concerns about costs (our sublings said they couldn’t afford it, my parents would have a hard time with the cost, his parents weren’t sure) so even though that was out dream we decided to have a wedding at home but it was in the city we grew up in (2 hours from where we live BUT where his family all lives) & we were met with demands on the guestlist & such so we got very frustrated & decided to have it local to us @ at pub & that was an issue but we said too bad & planned it BUT then MrN got sick so finances were tight & we had to postpone to 2013 BUT secretly were planning to elope in Niagara Falls this fall or Jamaica in the spring SOOOO that brings us to out current situation …. (are y’all still with me? LOL)
This weeked we went to visit MrN’s parents & attend a family party and MrN’s mom dropped a bomb on us … *IF* we had our wedding @ ther home (property in the country, beautiful BUT 40min from town) they would pay to rent a tent, tables, chairs, linens & a bus to transport guests to the property (this is done for all family parties, no drinking & driving & the bus driver is a close family friend) so this means they’d pay 50% of the costs, we be covering food, flowers, ceremony (likely @ a church in town, possibly on their property), photography, DJ, decor, etc.
SO now we’re debating this, we know it means a bigger guest list than we’d originally planned BUT its not a big cost difference & it allows us to have all our family & friends there whereas the city would mean a lot couldn’t attend, also we woulfn’y have to skimp on some things we planned on cutting out as our $ would go further.
My concern is a tent in the country means we’d be looking @ mid-late August or mid September so weather is sonething that worries me, if it rains everything is soggy or muddy & it’d be mighty crowded if everyone had to stay inside the tent, if its nice people wander, not so crowded in the tent also what if it’s in September & really cool @ night, that kills the party early as everyone wants to leave early.
The location of the wedding is Muskoka Ontario Canada so mid-summer is TOO hot & too many bugs in the evening & June is still too buggy & usually cool after sunset so the dates we’re looking at are August 24th, September 7th or 21st (restricted due to my Maid/Matron of Honor schedule as a nurse).
Sorry this was so long, thought & opinions are welcome.
(typed on my iPhone so sorry for typos)