(Closed) To the May 2011 brides

posted 7 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

The weather. It might be hot, but at least it shouldn’t rain! *knocks on wood* 

I chose late May because the semester will be over, so it won’t interfere with my friends and relatives who are in school.

Post # 4
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

My Fiance is in the military so May 7th was the only reasonable date we could come up with, it’s not working out very well now since he’s going to be doing a ton of flying from NY to TX and vice versa =/ but we can’t change it now and since we postponed our wedding once already (originally Oct. 23, 2009) I just want to get it over with!

Post # 5
610 posts
Busy bee

We chose late may because it is close to summer. My parents were married in may. And my birthday is in may. May just seemed like a good month. As for the weather i hope it’s nice here but, it could be raining. Fingers crossed it is sunny.

Post # 6
223 posts
Helper bee

we got engaged in november and said hmm…6 months should be enough to get the wedding going. and plus, i wanted to be a spring bride. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 7
141 posts
Blushing bee

We choose May because we wanted a spring wedding with nice weather (fingers crossed for no rain*). I can’t believe how fast the days are flying by now!!

Post # 8
70 posts
Worker bee

I always wanted to be a May bride.  However, I also considered getting married in the fall.  It just so happened that when my Fiance proposed, May 2011 worked better than waiting until Fall 2011.  Plus, the weather here is GORGEOUS in May!! 

Post # 9
5784 posts
Bee Keeper

All of my friends have gotten married in the fall so I wanted to switch it up, I wanted Peonies, April/May are peak wedding months in FL because its not super hot/rainy/hurricane season yet. I then had to avoid multiple graduations and mothers day. I also avoided Memorial Day weekend because we’re getting married on the beach and it would be crazy crowded that weekend.

Post # 10
1667 posts
Bumble bee

We found our Venue May 1, 2010 and thought, hmm why don’t we just do it one year from now?

Post # 11
279 posts
Helper bee

We’re getting so close girls! Yesterday was 2 months until for us!

We chose to get married in May because we wanted to get married this year. May 14th was THE ONLY weekend in 2011 when we could get married! Not joking.

I’m in nursing school, so I’m in school during the summer too. We are getting married in between this semester and the summer semester. I have a final the Wednesday the week of our wedding. We’re driving to the beach Thursday. Rehearsal/Dinner on Friday. Married on Saturday. Staying until the following Friday. Start school a week after we get home from honeymoon! That weekend is the only weekend in 2011 when we can get married and have a week long honeymoon, and then I have a week off before I have to start back!

Busy time πŸ™‚

Post # 12
2793 posts
Sugar bee

I wanted a wedding full of peonies, so May fit the bill! We also wanted a long weekend so we could have our semi-destination wedding on a Sunday, so we were between Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day. May won out on all accounts πŸ™‚

Post # 13
1160 posts
Bumble bee

Good weather since having the reception outdoors is very important to us. Here in DC, March is cold and the weather gets nasty and hot starting around late June, so it was either April or May! I forgot how we got to the exact date though…

Post # 14
624 posts
Busy bee

I always wanted to get married in an Outdoor Ceremony in Spring. The weather would be just right.

April would have been too risky because of the rain and the plants would still be budding. June would be too hot to be in Formal wear. So we chose May.

It seems to be the first batch of Weddings, so I liked being in the front!

Post # 15
11 posts
Newbee

@MrsMaine: I picked my date based on peonies as well! My birthday is in May, so aside from the flowers I’ve always loved the month.

Post # 16
3295 posts
Sugar bee

well mine reason is not as exciting as some of you… i choose may because its the only date i could get my reception venue πŸ™‚ lol

The topic ‘To the May 2011 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors