(Closed) To Veil or not to Veil? – Jim Hjelm 8962

posted 8 years ago in Accessories
  • poll: Veil or no veil
    YES, IT'S TRADITION! : (11 votes)
    32 %
    NO WAY, IT WOULD BE OVERKILL! : (23 votes)
    68 %
  • Post # 3
    459 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I love the dress! I think it might be too much with a veil. I like your flower idea, that would definetly fit in with the dress. I’m not sure about the flower girl dress, but it’s adorable!

Post # 4
    1940 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I think it would depend on the type of veil… In general though, it may be a bit too much.  Flowers in your hair would be lovely though!

Post # 5
    979 posts
    Busy bee
    Post # 6
    153 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

This is my dress too! I am wearing a veil with it – but very simple/unobtrusive so as not to interfere with how much is going on with the dress. I am wearing a cathedral length veil with no adornment, cascading sides, and a very thin satin ribbon edging.The salespeople recommended not wearing a veil that isn’t floor length because to wear anything shorter cuts the line of the dress since there is so much going on on the dress itself. Hope this is helpful!

Post # 7
    28 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2008

I think you should have a short veil like these or not at all

Anyway, I think it’s best to have some flowers insteadSmile

Post # 8
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I think whether or not you wear a veil depends on your hair style & dress. If you keep you hair simple and clean I say getting a birdcage veil wouldn’t be overkill. If not, stick with just the hair flower. 

Post # 9
    169 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I’m obsessed with your dress… BEAUTIFUL!!!  I voted “no veil.” 🙂

Post # 10
    202 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

YOUR DRESS IS GORGEOUS!!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

mine is similar (but not) – similar shape and complexity at the bottom.  Im SUPER traditional, and my compromise was to have the simplest veil sticking out of the back of my Bun during the ceremony, and not have anything over my face.

I just want some pics, and then I’ll take it off for the reception.  As I said I want everything that’s traditional in a wedding, so I think you can pick something simple and easy, which you can take off a few hours later.

LOVE YOUR DRESS!!!!!  🙂

Post # 11
    1046 posts
    Bumble bee

I am getting the same flower girl dress =)

Love love LOVE both… yours and the flower girl dress!

Post # 12
    9056 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

I’m having the same debate… I’m wearing a dress that has some layers that are kind of ruffly, and it seems like the veil is over kill.  I’m kind of thinking I might be able to get away with a very simple one layer veil with no volume (I saved the photo of Mrs. Dolphin’s veil, but don’t want it that long).

But really, I’m no help because I haven’t decided either, and my wedding is at the beginning of JULY!!

Edit – why don’t I just include a picture of the dress… also, I kind of disagree with the birdcage idea if you’re going for a romantic/whimsical look.  I think it’s almost too sophisticated for your dress.

Post # 13
    525 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

No veil! A long one would be too much and a birdcage is inappropriate.

Post # 15
    406 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

i don’t think it’d necessarily be overkill, but my vote is for flowers

Post # 16
    3613 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I agree flowers will work best. I was dead set on wearing a cathedral length mantilla-type veil, so I had to decide against buying this dress even though I tried it on and loved it.

The topic ‘To Veil or not to Veil? – Jim Hjelm 8962’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors