(Closed) To wait or not to wait HONEYMOON STYLLLLEE

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 17
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We are getting married in July and are having the same issue.  Ideally we would like to leave for our honeymoon late July or August.  We want to have a tropical beach vacation (we did a large Europe trip last year), but everything we like is either in hurricane or monsoon season or way out of our budget.  We are in CA so HI is a possibility, but we have done it before and want to go some where a little more exotic for our honeymoon.  We have talked about delaying it and/or a mini-moon, but ideally we would like to go fairly soon after the wedding.   Would love to hear suggestions from the hive as well!

Post # 18
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We’re doing 1-2 weeks in FLA (parents have a house there) post wedding and then taking our honeymoon later. So many reasons for this, the number 1 being that I have the bar exam 2 weeks before the wedding and I know that I, personally, will not be able to enjoy seeing great sights or exploring new countries if I am exhausted from the bar and the wedding planning. 

Also, I have had EVERY flight I have EVER taken in August delayed or cancelled due to rain. I would be crushed if that meant missing a day in Greece or Thailand…not so much if it means missng a day in Orlando, you know? So my own bad luck with weather is coming into play…for reference I also lost luggage in the US, Italy, England and Prague…really, maybe I should just not fly 😉


Post # 19
10 posts
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m debating the same thing but for a different reason. At the time of our wedding my fiance will be in his last semester of undergrad and attending class five days a week. I will be in graduate school and only attending class twice a week. I don’t want my fiance to have to miss a lot of class so our delimma is a short honeymoon or wait to go on a longer one. I would prefer to honeymoon right away just to follow tradition. In your case with the hurricane, I would just go ahead and buy insurance. People do it everyday.

Post # 20
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We are going to wait! for a few reasons… he — bad timing— got laid off… plus this way it will be easier to get the time off for work for me to separate it a little bit. plus our family will all be here from out of state, we dont want to get married and leave, we are hoping family will stay a few days and we can just take a few days with everyone!

Post # 21
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@kim14410: awww thanks honey! Sometimes I think we don’t realise how lucky we are to live here!

The topic ‘To wait or not to wait HONEYMOON STYLLLLEE’ is closed to new replies.

(Closed) To wait or not to wait HONEYMOON STYLLLLEE

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons