Post # 1
my wedding date is May 31st 2014 over a year away and people are already pissing me off!
1. I have 8 bridesmaids…….. I got stuck in the well I asked her so I have to ask her too situation.
2. My mother and I can’t seem to agree on ANYTHING! She thinks my wedding will turn into a hot mess and she keeps saying things like “you need to realize you can’t have everything” and “you need to think about this person and that person”. Why can’t I have everything and as far as I am concerned I will not spend the next year planning around everyone feelings.
3. I am in grad school…. enough said there
4. Apparently all fluffy girls want to wear ugly dresses because I have been to numerous bridal salons and can’t find anything that I want to even try on. The average size American woman is a 14/16 (including me) sooooooo why in THEEE high hell are all the samples in a size 8 (which is really a 4). ugh
5. I just moved back in with my mom to save for the wedding…. enough said there as well.
6. I can’t find a bridesmaid dress that I like. I am into glitz and glam and all the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses look like jersey knit bed sheets. I need something that has some glam to it.
at this rate I will be an even hotter mess by next year!! how are yoy guys handeling the stress?
Post # 3
1) IMO, you should never ask people to be bridesmaids a year plus out. With that being said, what’s done is done. Don’t get caught up in the minutia of details for your bridesmaids.
2) Take her advice with a grain of salt. Who is paying for the wedding? At the end of the day, all that matters is that you and your Fiance will be husband and wife
3) I have a friend who planned her large (200+) wedding while we were in grad school. It can be done; keep yourself organized with a planner
4) Find a salon that has multiple sized samples. Call before you go to make sure they will have something in a reasonable size for you. I am a size 10/12 and I tried on samples that were my size (14 in bridal).
5) There is a light at the end of the tunnel
6) You can accessorize your Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. What brands have you been looking into?
Honestly, I am not that stressed about things. It really is just one day and it’s silly to me to get all stressed out over things that you probably can’t control. The only things that are weighing on me are finding a dress and paying for it all.
Post # 4
I didnt know there were rules as to when you can ask someone to be a Bridesmaid or Best Man. I am getting ALLLLL my planning done early so asking them any later than now was not an option. And I have called EVERY bridal salon from Michigan to Chicago with no luck. I know exactly what dresses I want to try on and one bridal salon told me they had them in my size so I made the drive and they did NOT have it in my size at all. I am a street 14/18 which is about an 18/20 in dresses. I am just completely overwhelmed with everything. School, work, wedding planning, moving (I moved out of my apartment and we are in the process of relocating at work). Everything just came on at once. I am sure I will get over the hump I always do, but sometimes a girl just needs to let it out lol
Post # 5
Hey girl, breath! It’s too early to be stressed! 🙂 I was dealing with the same dress issue as well. I’m a 12 or a 14 street size, and my first few dress appointments the salons had like, 4 and 6. So I was feeling a little down on myself. I was actually drawn to a lot of Alfred Angelo gowns, so I made an appointment at one of their flagship stores (about an hour away) and they had pretty much every dress I wanted to try on in my size or bigger. I ended up not getting a dress from there, but it was refreshing to actually have to be clipped in the back & not just be told that I couldn’t try the dress on because it’s 3 sizes too small.. lol
Post # 6
i agree with your mother- you can’t have everything unless you’re extremely rich, and willing to trample on other peoples feelings in the process.
Post # 7
@jigga143: I am not having a bridal party. Just an Maid/Matron of Honor. As a result, one less thing to be stressed out about.
But I feel your pain about your mom. My parents are the same way. See what I posted here about 12 hours ago (top of May 2014). Maybe it will make you feel better about your situation!
Post # 8
@jigga143: Wow! You are defintely not alone! I’m on the same boat and my wedding date is same as yours! The future Mother-In-Law has been helping a lot and by helping a lot I mean sometimes that is overstepping and wanting to control everything. It’s a year away and while I have already planned a lot I feel I have lots of time to worry about the little things that she is stressing over.
Also, I moved in with my mom to save money for the wedding and it has its ups and downs lately mostly ups. But defintely can be stressful in itself so I’m with you.
I have 6 bridesmaids and yes promises were made and drama ensued before the planning had even begun! Sheesh girls! I have two MOHs because I couldn’t decide and I truly love them both and didnt want to step on anyone’s toes.
Things are coming along though…things are getting done slowly. My advice is try to look at the positives and stay focused on the goal which is marrying your best friend. Joke a lot about the stressful situations to laugh it off with your fiance. You have lots of time some people have short engagements and are able to pull everything off in four months time! The dress you fall in love with will come soon enough. *cross your finger*