(Closed) Too Late for Save the Dates 09.25.10?

posted 8 years ago in September 2010
Post # 3
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

no cut off time, but in my opinion it’s getting close to being too late.  if you send them out next week I guess it would be fine.  

Post # 4
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I don’t think it’s too late.  It’s only about 6 months out now and people will need to know sooner than when your invites are sent out in July/August.

Post # 5
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think if you get them out within the next month you’re still fine.  As a guest I would prefer a heads up even four or five months out.

Post # 6
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m in the same boat for different reasons, but not Save-The-Date Cards sent, yet.  I’m thinking of skipping them (we were going to send email ones — so not that much time invested) and sending the invites a full 3 months out.

Post # 7
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Nope, not too late. Get them out this month and you should be ok. It is nice to give your guest a heads up.

Post # 8
16 posts
Newbee

I don’t think that it is too late either.  I am working on mine too for my 9/25 wedding.  I was hoping to get them out 6 months in advance, but I think 5 months is fine.  At least people can mark in on their calendars and make travel arrangements if necessary.

Post # 9
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I sent mine out six months in advance. If you have a ton of out of town guests then they say I think 6-8 months in advance… but to be honest everyone who I was inviting had already asked me the date like a yr in advance becasue they were excited and I didnt really need to send them but I had a great idea for my STD’s so I had to… lol

Post # 10
937 posts
Busy bee

No I don’t think it’s too late. I’m getting married in the beginning of Sept and I just sent mine out last week. (Mine were delayed a bit because we needed to wait for our engagement pics to come in to use them for the STD’s). I wanted to send them out last month, but we didn’t have our engagement photo shoot until then so it was just not possible. I think you should still send them.

Post # 11
122 posts
Blushing bee

I hope you sent them out. Even so I don’t think it is too late. I am actually sending/handing mine out this weekend. I figured that people may be making plans for the fall soon and it would be best to let them know that they are invited just in case they weren’t sure.

Post # 12
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ve gotten STD cards as close as 2 months to the wedding date.  In my opinion, that’s pointless.  But assuming you can get them out within the next week or two, you’re fine.  I’d still send them, especially if you have several out-of-towners. 

Post # 13
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Honestly; I would only send them to out of towners. I guess I just don’t reallly understand STD. I can understand wanting to let Out of towners know about it if you haven’t talked to them about it yet. (I’m not being judgemental just sharing my views.) We just got a STD for friends of ours wedding in September. They’ve been engaged for quite some time. I guess to me a STD should be sent out very early. Like right after you decide on your date if your going to send them. They had already been engaged for soo long that everyone already knew when the wedding was. Most people ask. So when I opened it; I just thought it was a waste money. Just my two cents. I think they are cute and creative; but I don’t really see the reason if you don’t do it right away.

Post # 14
171 posts
Blushing bee

I still havent done save the dates for our Sept 25 wedding…is it too late now?

My soon to be SIL said that it would be silly to send them out because our guests are 2.5 hours away…I thought that was the purpose of Save-The-Date Cards….

The topic ‘Too Late for Save the Dates 09.25.10?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors