(Closed) too many bridesmaid & not enough space! (kinda long)

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
882 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think you should keep them all—unless you’re up for dealing with some serious unneed stress and drama. There is no rule that all of your wedding party HAS to stand up with you when you say your vows. Just have them walk in and sit in the first row, and have only your maid of honor and best man stand up with you. 

Post # 4
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@BrooklynWife:  I love that idea.

@maylove13:  It would start a lot of problems to cut people from you bridal party if you have already asked them. People get upset about not being asked to be in a wedding, so imagine how upset you would be if someone told you that you were no longer in the wedding because there isn’t enough room for you to stand up there. Personally I would be really upset. I really like the idea of keeping them all in the wedding, but allowing them to sit in places of honor instead of standing during the ceremony.

Post # 5
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Oiy.  I definitely wouldn’t “cut” anyone.  Could you have the tallest 4 ladies stand in one row beside you, and the shorter 3 stand in front of the tall ones? 

Post # 6
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I mean like this:

Post # 7
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

You could have a bench where half could sit in front, while the other half stand behind the bench. You would have had a hard time finding any venue that would have had space for a bridal party that large! I think the bench or staggering idea will give them a better chance of actually being in the pictures, too – they wouldn’t all be in the pictures if they were single file.

The topic ‘too many bridesmaid & not enough space! (kinda long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors