(Closed) Took 3 days off from Weddingbee & the internet and got SO much done!

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
Hostess
11237 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@thewheelsonthebus: I so need to do that. I think I’ll give your one day ban rule a go. As I get so distracted by this site.

Post # 4
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@thewheelsonthebus: I just talked last night to some bees about taking a break. ‘m thinking it’s going to be a week long one though…

Maybe next week. I need to get back into “motivation mode”

Post # 5
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I do this on the weekends, which is why I’m rarely around on the weekends.  πŸ™‚

Sometimes I even do it during the week after I get home! 

Post # 6
1335 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

An internet ban is such a good idea and I need it! It’s my finals week and I get so procrastinatey because of the internet (especially weddingbee!). You’ve inspired me to take a break from the internet for the well-being of my grades haha. Thank you πŸ™‚

Post # 8
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

That’s such an awesome idea.  I was just off the bee for 11 days whilst on the pre-wedding moon with Fiance and whilst I missed it, I didn’t miss having my morning disappear into the world of WB.  Now as we were holidaying, I didn’t get anything productive done for the wedding, but I may try the one day per week thing…..  starting tomorrow…. or the next day….. or maybe the day after that…  πŸ™‚

Post # 9
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I really need to do this. Once I’m on the couch with my trusty macbook, I am not getting up. Lets be honest though, unless half the internet crashes like it did a few weeks ago, I don’t think I could ever stay off WB let alone the whole internet for more than a few hours. I’m an addict, I admit it. 

Post # 10
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Sometimes Fiance has to pull the plug on my internet connection so I can get my schoolwork done! It’s soooo difficult to stay away from Weddingbee…..or wedding blogs…..or expedia…..etsy….etc etc etc.

Post # 12
5096 posts
Bee Keeper

Hey girl, I totally know what you mean! I do that every now and again and it’s so liberating. But then I just get sucked back in…

SO, where’d you book your minimoon?  I’m so excited to know!

Post # 14
5096 posts
Bee Keeper

@thewheelsonthebus: That sounds fabulous!! Good call on Bar Harbor, actually – unless you’re planning on hiking/biking in Acadia, IMO it’s just a really overpriced tourist trap. Portland is amazing, though!

Do you have any fave restaurants or other places in Burlington? This will be our first time there.

The topic ‘Took 3 days off from Weddingbee & the internet and got SO much done!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors