(Closed) Top 1,000 Baby Names of 2012 Announced!

posted 5 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
1031 posts
Bumble bee

haha oh Geeze, hubby is #7 on the list. Which I always think is funny because he is the first person that I had ever heard with that name, now every second little boy has the same name.

My name isn’t even on there which makes me kind of happy in some weird way.

I’m also dissapointed with Sophia, that is what hubby and I were banking on for a girl name, but I don’t want something so dang popular, oh well thankfully we have a looooong time to decide on that one.

Post # 4
9916 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@PoppyH:  How old is he?  That’s such a common name for the under 15 set….but I’ve never heard it for anyone older than that!  

My nieces are Ava, Zoe, and Mia.  Ava has been Ava A. ever since PRESCHOOL…

Post # 5
1123 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Thanks for the link! I already decided the girls name would be Carolina Elizabeth (at the Sunday school class I volunteer at there is a girl in there named Carolina and I just fell in love with the idea) but loving the boys names

Post # 6
2490 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I grew up in England and there was a lot of Liam’s in my school. They would all be early 30s now..

Sophia has been my dream girls name since 2003. Ugh.

Post # 8
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m disappointed how rapidly Charlotte is climbing the list… it’s my mom’s name and I’ve always wanted to use it for a daughter.

My son’s name is in the lower 200s but had a pretty big jump in popularity from 2011.

Post # 9
2747 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yay, I don’t like any!

Post # 10
9916 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@sailor:  I wonder if Charlotte’s rise in popularity is due to Sex and the City or the Baby-Sitter’s Club…

Post # 11
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@peachacid:  I’m banking on SatC because I can’t find any of the old BSC books anymore.  I also can’t find the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys cross over adventure books.

Post # 12
2209 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Both our boy and girl name are in the 300’s. please don’t continue to get more popular!!

Post # 13
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Wow, what a funny coincidence – Darling Husband and I are expecting a baby this weekend, and both our boy and girl name are in spot #34. Already know it’s a boy (Landon), it’ just very funny that it has the same exact popularity rating as the name we would’ve used if we were having a girl!

Post # 14
5219 posts
Bee Keeper

Our girls name choice is in the top 100,  but not in the top 50 so I guess that’s cool. The name we have for a boy is in the top 300. 

Post # 15
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Ha, our boy name is in the top 10 (and FI’s name is in the top 20!). Our #1 girl name is in the top 30, and #2 is in the top 15, though I can’t say I’ve ever heard or seen anyone with those names recently (both are my great grandmother’s names).

My name isn’t on the list at all lolololol.

Post # 16
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@MrsFairyBee:  glad to see my 2 picks arent in there!! Cameron and Ella.

The topic ‘Top 1,000 Baby Names of 2012 Announced!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors