Post # 1
can’t believe I’m christening the August 09 board. To honor the occasion, a little why I love August love:
1. As a grad student, getting the summer off to finish up all that planning is a must (sorry June brides)
2. Also key, important people in your life who are still on academic schedules can make it
3._Have plenty of time to naturally get that summer tan glow
4. August has some AMAZING wild flowers and locally grown beauties to aid i my goals of going green and buying local
5. August in Vermont is the warmest month; that can be yucky for other states, but for Vermont we’re crossing our fingers for the average August high of 78!
Excited to here more about August love – any one else an 8.8.09?
Post # 3
I’m 8.1.09….also a Vermont bride. I totally hear you on number 5.
Post # 4
I agree with all, #3 and 5 are biggies here in Seattle. August is the only month you can really count on to be nice.
Although my 8/29/09 date would actually be after I started school, if I was still there…
And may I add a #6-September is shoulder date territory, one of the best times to fly to Europe, as we plan to.
Post # 5
I am also an 08-08-09 bride and a grad (well, really professional school) student, so I especially hear you on #1 and 2. We live in TX right now, but we’re getting married in NY (on the Hudson), so we hope the temperature is much better up there (80s as opposed to our summer 110s).
Post # 6
I’m an August 29 Seattle bride too!! You’re my wedding twinner!
Post # 7
I’m an 8.29.09 bride, too! I love your top five, BenJerry’s Bride. I too am a full-time grad student; my Flower Girl and I chose the date because it is smack dab in the middle of the only two weeks I get off for the next three years (other than in winter, which is less than desireable in Wisconsin). Also, being we’re in Wisconsin, we also are looking forward to beautiful weather and locally grown flowers for the wedding. (I highly recommend it to all of you other summer brides who can help leave a little less carbon footprint on your wedding day! Florists are eager to accomodate!)
Is anyone else doing an outdoor ceremony? I am slightly worried about getting too hot and sweating before I actually make it to the reception. (We can easily get into the high 80s here that time of year.)
Post # 8
I have to disagree about the part of having the summer off. I was an August bride and my final semester ran up to the day before my wedding (I was taking 28 credit hours divided between two different universities).
Other than that though, August is Awesome!
Post # 9
I’m an 08.08.09 brides! My fiance so very kindly brought it to my attention that we’re 200 days out from our wedding! Well 199 now 🙂 Can you believe it??
I’m a Chicago bride and I wish I could say the weather is going to be a warm 78. The weather is so fickle here. Hot & humid one day…..sunny with a nice breeze the next. I’m hoping for the best though!
Post # 10
I was an 08.09.08 bride — and as a teacher August was perfect because I was able to teach summer school in June and July and still have the month of August off! Also, honeymoon locations like Jamaica are less expensive in August.
Post # 11
I’m getting married on 08.29.09 as well! Another reason why August is best for an outdoor wedding? Less rain and no bugs (at least in my neck of the woods)!
I completely agree about the school year as well, especially since my FH’s mum is a teacher and she would be much less available September to July.
Post # 12
<p class=”MsoNormal”>August 29th is my wedding day. Originally my fiancé and I were looking to be married in September, but with the Jewish holidays (I’m Jewish), it didn’t work out. We didn’t want to move into October because of birthdays, halloween… So we moved up to the last weekend in August. At first I was a bit hestitant because the humidity in Virginia at that time of the year can be terrible! I knew I wanted an outdoor ceremony too, so it kept crossing my mind. Now that we are only a few months away, I’m confidant that we will be fine and so will our guests! <span style=”font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma”>
Post # 13
- Wedding: August 2009 - St. Thomas of Villanova Church & the F.U.E.L. House
1) I love the end of summer
2) The weather (in my area, at least) mellows out somewhat by then
3) The city will (hopefully) be empty as everyone congregates at the (Jersey) shore for the last summer weekend before the holiday weekend
4) Sortbet intermezzo course — need I say more?
5) Cheery seasonally-appropriate songs like "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" and ANYTHING Counting Crows
Yea for August weddings!
Post # 14
From the other end of the spectrum, I teach at the college-level and will be teaching 3 courses during the summer. However, I am teaching two 12 weelkcourses as 11 week courses just because of my wedding date. Plus I want to get a decent honeymoon in as fall semester begins during the third week of August.
Post # 15
I am an 08.01.09 bride in the Midwest! The normal temp for us in August is HOT – but this year – Farmer’s Almanac and the forecasters are calling for a mild August for the midwest – woo hoo! : )
Post # 16
Top 5 reasons for me to be an August bride;
1) It was the quickest date for my Fiance and I to be married (whoo hooo)
2) My B-day is in August and 2 days BEFORE my wedding
3) I loove the weather in August
4) get to work on my tan all summer!
and 5) Its my alltime favorite month!