(Closed) Top Baby Names for 2010

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
2821 posts
Sugar bee

We were a little bummed when we saw the list, there were two girls names on the top 5 that were in the running but we decided we didn’t want to say her name and have 10 little girls respond when we were out and about. 

Post # 4
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Ive always loved names too! My husbands name is on the top 10 list (Noah) but he is the only Noah of his age that I know!

Post # 6
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m not suprised about Jayden, I literally know 6 people who named their song Jayden within the last year!! I’m surprised about Mia though…

Post # 7
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Wow, really? Some of those names seem to come out of left field. Hm. Well, neither of the names we’re set on are on the lists so I guess that’s good 🙂

Post # 8
2821 posts
Sugar bee

@TheFutureMcBride:  We found a name now, it just took us a bit – well unless she comes out and doesn’t look like the name.  We (though especiallly my husband) also watch a lot of cycling, he’s a bit obsessed at the moment. 

Post # 9
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Our girls name is on that list, which did bum us out a little, but oh well.  I like all the names on there though =o)

Post # 10
2522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I like the names Liam and Isla.  Thank God they’re not on that list but probably will be when we start TTC b/c I keep hearing baby Liams.

Post # 11
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

If I see another Isabella………………….damn Twilight.

Im surprised Edward isn’t on the boy list.

Post # 12
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I”m sad Olivia is on there…I was waiting to use that. LOL!

Edit: I’m not preggers or plan to be for another year or two.

Post # 13
2027 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I wouldn’t doubt that Madison is the #1 girls name in my area. It is crazy how many times I have heard it in the past 2 years on new baby girls. Also, Emma is terribly popular around here, as well. Haven’t heard any Olivias or Chloe’s, though. 

And Jayden, Kayden, Hayden are everywhere. Jackson is also super common where I live. But I’m also surprised at a few on the boys list. Ethan’s really #2?

Post # 14
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I LOVE names too and have had a “baby name list” for years and enjoy adding to it. One of my favorite baby name sites is called the Name Wizard! 

Personally, I do not want to name my future child a popular name…really anything in the top 50-100…especially top 10!

I just think common names are a tad boring…my mom tried to name my sister and I unique names for our time so it’s ingrained in me to do the same. I love my name but I knew a few others with it as well. My sister’s name is very unique and from a namesake friend of my moms. It is Timaree…if you check out a name mapper it’s only been really used in Nebraska and Rhode Island of all places!

Post # 15
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Personally, I do not want to name my future child a popular name…really anything in the top 50-100…especially top 10!

I agree! My fiance’s name is “Chris”. We both worked at the same place during college, a tech-support call center, and within 20 feet of me, there were 5 people named “Chris”.

I remember the “Jessicas” when I was in grade school; my class of 40 had 5 “Jessicas”. We moved and I went to an even smaller school, out of 7 girls in my class there were 2 “Jessicas”.

My name is “Abby”, my sister’s name is “Raina”, I was always jealous of her when we were kids for having the “cool name”.

I’m a bit sad about some of the names on there. I LOVE the name “Emma”, but sadly it’s off my list because of it’s popularity. (Julianna and Fiona are currently at the top of my “girl list”. As for the “boy list”, fiance and I can’t agree on anything! The only boy’s name we’ve came close to both liking is “Brad”.)

The topic ‘Top Baby Names for 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors