Post # 1
Inspired by a conversation with my Maid/Matron of Honor (who is also engaged and getting married soon!)…
Other than the obvious (him asking), what were your top 3 favorite days while you were engaged or engaged so far? Mine, in chronological order:
1) The day we booked our venue. We had such a hard time finding a place that we were happy with that would fit our budget and it took us months… so once we finally found it, it was a HUGE weight off my shoulders and I could finally visualize our wedding.
2) Bachelorette weekend. My girls did such a great job. I had SO much fun hanging out with them for 2 days.
3) Last Friday when I finished my last DIY project. Although I like crafting… all of the to-do diy stuff was looming like a cloud over my head and making me anxious. When I finally boxed up my last project (except for favors which really can’t be done until next week)… I just felt so happy. Like, its finally here! I’m ready!
Post # 3
Top 3 best moments are most memorable (either good or bad)?
Post # 5
1. Buying my first Bridal/Wedding magazine! I was borderline nervous to do so.
2. Trying on that very first gown and though, “wow, I used to hate dresses, now i’m so excited!”
3. Our engagement picture photoshoot. I giggled the entire time but it made us so ‘close’ doing it!
Post # 6
1. I’m with you on booking our venue! I was sooo excited that day as we drove into town, and my husband laughed at me b/c when I handed them our check my hand was shaking. So he was joking about me being nervous to marry him, but in reality I was just so excited!
2. When we worked together to assebly our DIY invitations. I didn’t ask for his help (mostly b/c I was worried he wouldn’t glue things slowly and be careful) but when I saw him putting such care into them, I just loved him so much at that moment 🙂
3. Our Rehearsal Dinner, nothing is like the high you have the day before your getting married. I just loved that overly blissfull happy feeling!
Post # 7
1. Closing on our house.
2. Bringing home our kittens.
3. Hosting our first Christmas with both our families there.
Number 4 will be this Saturday, when we finally send out the wedding invitations, lol!
Post # 8
I would say:
1. Engagement Party
2. When the invites went out…wow this is actually happening kind of moment.
3. Announcing to our family and friends that we were engaged.
Post # 9
1) Announcing our engagement
2) Selecting our venue
3) Booking our honeymoon!!
Post # 10
1. Going to Charleston for the weekend to look for a wedding venue – even though we didnt end up getting married there, we had so much fun on our 8.5 hour road trip and the whole weekend.
2. The weekend we got our marriage license – we were so happy the whole weekend. I had my hair and make up trial, we tasted cakes, we had our food tasting and we were legally ready to be married. It all felt very real (and was SO close) at that point!
3. My dad giving us marriage advice – about 6 weeks before our wedding my dad sat us down and read to us a list of pieces of advice that he wanted to give to us and not forget before the wedding. His advice has stuck with us and we still repeat it from time to time!! It was also a great bonding experience for the 3 of us.
Post # 11
1) Falling in love with my dress and viel- I was on cloud 9 for days
2) Seeing my finish wedding band!
3) Falling in love all over again during engagement photos
Not Wedding Related
1) Adopting our furbaby Roxy (1 months into engagement)
2) Adopting our newest furbaby, sweet baby Grace (The day before our wedding shower)
3) Closing on our home
Post # 12
We haven’t yet been engaged for two full months, so I know there will be more awesome moments to come, but I know that one we’ve already had will definitely remain one of the top three: the moment we met with the coordinator at our church and picked our date. We were there and talking about how God was going to be present to bless our marriage, and we finally knew what day we would tie the knot – we decided the day after our negative-one-year-anniversary. I got all teary. It was wonderful.
Post # 13
1) Coming home to Fiance after being long distance for a year while I was in the UK getting a master’s degree.
2) Booking our honeymoon cruise.
3) Seeing our venue for the first time and being able to immediately imagine having our wedding there.
Post # 14
Oh. Duh. Also when they drew my name and I found out we won our wedding package.
Post # 15
Oooo, tomorrow is your BIG day!!! Enjoy every moment. I think you were the first person who led me to finding WB.
Post # 16
1. Getting our Marriage licence, it felt REAL. My hands were shaking while I signed the paper work to get one.
2. Telling my family & friends, the reactions were priceless.
3. Going for the dress fittings, it was surreal.