- 7 years ago
Points to remember when selecting a Wedding Photographer.
- Always ask to see a full album, and not just a selection of the Wedding Photographers’ best images. This ensures you get a true insight into what your Album may look like.
- Don’t base your decision on the number of Wedding Photographs supplied, as a smaller number of good quality pictures are a much better option than hundreds of below average photographs.
- Ask if you will receive a CD of the images as part of the package, with copyright to print some yourself. It means that you will not have to pay costly fees for extra prints later.
- Do not expect Wedding Albums to be cheap. The cost price of printing and binding for a Wedding Photographer is high, and represents a significant investment in the package. Do decide to have one, you will never replicate the quality or design yourself.
- Don’t judge quality on price. The fees charged are often based on Photographers overheads, so a Wedding Photographer who shoots high quality images keeping overhead costs low, limiting glossy presentations and high studio and advertising costs, may deliver better results at a lower price. There is a threshold where you ought to be cautious though, as good Photographers have limited availability and are unlikely to offer their services at prices under £1,000 including an album. If they are, compare their work and experience carefully.
- Never choose a friend, or member of the family to do it for you on the cheap. No matter how good their photographs are normally, Photographing Weddings are difficult, and experience counts. Choosing this option will guarantee disappointment, on a very important day.