Maggie Divina : (115 votes)
    44 %
    Keep Looking! : (119 votes)
    46 %
  • Post # 3
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Wow it looks like the divina is popular… I too tried it on but it wasn’t for me. what do you feel comfortable in? do you get the feeling like 1 of these 2 are your dress? do you just like or love them? they both are beautiful but you shouldn’t feel iffy.

Post # 4
    24 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I think the Divina is flattering because of the silhouette–your body has a nice hourglass shape and the big ruffles at the bottom make the rest of you look that much smaller!  If you don’t love it, you shouldn’t get it though, and keep looking for things with a similar shape.

Post # 5
    1257 posts
    Bumble bee

I personally think that you need to try a different silhouette because I do not think these two fully showcase your shape.

Post # 8
    1018 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I think the Divina is stunning on you, but I also love the last picture you posted (the other silhouette from DB)! You look gorgeous in both of those, but the Divina is seriously a “wow” dress on you.

Post # 9
    1326 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I like the mermaid shape of the Divina on you, but not the dress itself. Have you tried other mermaid styles? The last photo you posted is very pretty, too.

Post # 10
    460 posts
    Helper bee

I think Divina looks great on you, much better than Bonny, but I totally understand about the price difference. Have you looked for similar dresses at a lower price point? It seems like dresses in that style are quite popular, so you might be able to find something. The David’s Bridal dress looks nice on you, too, but not quite as nice as Divina. I might be biased though, because I prefer mermaid style. You look beautiful in both 🙂

Post # 11
    8695 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

@amykmi:  I also agree with the different silhouette. I think that 3rd dress looks much better! Have you tried a-line? Ballg

Post # 12
    25 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2015

The third dress (empire silhouette) looks the best. Very elegant and beautiful!

Post # 13
    20 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I’d be curious to see what an a-line dress would look like on you. Empire doesn’t accentuate your curves as well, so maybe a-line would show your waist. Btwn. bonny and divina, I think divina accentuates your curves more than bonny, so I’d choose that one.

Post # 14
    326 posts
    Helper bee

@amykmi:  if you feel amazing in the divina then it’s your dress.. Cross out the other one if you just like it.. I know price can be a factor but you shouldn’t have second thoughts about your dress.

Post # 15
    526 posts
    Busy bee

I suggest you keep looking, I think you could find something you LOVE and shows off your shape AND with a reasonable price tag.  good luck!

Post # 16
    2457 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

The third dress is my favorite, to be honest. I don’t think the others are quite as flattering as that one!

The topic ‘Torn between two dresses … Maggie Divina & Bonny 1201’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors