(Closed) Toronto area venues for under $115 all in

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Rosewater Room is priced well for the location and quality of food and service. Delta Chelsea is really inexpensive.

There are many places downtown that have a minimum spend and as long as you meet that they’ll work with you on the price per person.

Post # 4
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Bluffers Restaurant is also inexpensive and its right on the water so it could have a yaght club vibe (similar to golf course?)

Post # 5
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Travelnut:  This isn’t the golf course atmosphere, but I’m getting married at Paradise Banquet Hall in Vaughan.  Originally we wanted something like Liberty Grand, the artifacts room, but after receiving our quote we definitely couldn’t afford it.  

We visited Paradise after a co-worker had great things to say about her wedding there, and we both loved it despite our rule about not having it at a banquet hall.  Our wedding is on a Friday which helped with cost a bit, and we are paying $90/person, all inclusive.  We are not having “cocktail hour”, but this is our menu:

2 types of Frozen Martinis

Antipasto Platter, which is set up as a buffet style in the middle of the dance floor before dinner

1st course:  A penne pasta & canneloni

2nd: Chicken & Veal

3rd: Salad

4th: Dessert

We also got a late night sweet table, poutine & sliders

We also got some extras such as:  Free chair covers (I hate chair covers, but I can’t afford rentals), chocolate fountain with fruit, Ice Sculpture (I didn’t care too much for this)

Like I said, we didn’t originally want a banquet hall type wedding but for the price we couldn’t say no.  With the savings we’re getting we are able to add a few other things we wanted like a photobooth and videographer, so we are actually very happy with our choice.

Good luck with your search!

Post # 7
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@sparkle621:  hey we’ve booked Paradise as well! Are you doing your ceremony outdoors? Also are you decorating your hall? We are in the Queen Anne room and not sure if we need to decorate still ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 8
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@mrsalexander:  Hello fellow paradiser! I’m also in the queen Anne room! We are not getting married on site, but are not doing any decorations really. We felt the room was pretty enough with the lighting that were just using our centerpiece and head table flowers/candles as decor. Have you gone on a Saturday to see the room with the head table out? It’s fine the way it is (to me anyways) but I’m not too much of a draping fan either. 

I’m so excited to find another paradise person! 

Post # 9
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@sparkle621:  Omg thats amazing! And i see you’re one month before me ๐Ÿ™‚ Ya we thought the room was gorgeous as it was so we aren’t going to decorate really. Same as you we’ll have our Centrepieces and we’re going to put our bouquets in vases for the head table. I’m excited! The room is beautiful but we’re not sure if we are going to use the special colour lighting they offer. We’ll see I guess. We are getting married at their outdoor place so hopefully it doesn’t rain! I havent had a chance actually to see the head table up because we booked last March during the weekday, plus we actually recently moved to Kingston for work so we’re about 2-3 hours away. I will over March Break though when we are down ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve heard good things about the place so im hoping it is amazing!

Post # 10
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Travelnut:  from our experiences, golf courses aren’t cheap and their food is okay. They’re not use to banquet size cooking on a weekly basis like halls are. The atmosphere is gorgeous so it makes up for it.

We’re getting married at Terrace in Vaughan. The menu is fairly similar to sparkle621, (minus the frozen martinis, but those sound delicious BTW!) and it’s about $115. If it’s not too late, take a look. They’re also affliated with West River, which is around the corner from Terrace, and Embassy Grand

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone is interested in booking at the Rosewater Room in Toronto for June 7th, 2014.  My fiancee and I have run into some personal problems which involve a family emergency.  Its unfortunate but we are going to have to walk from our dream venue.  With this in mind, we will also be walking from the $3000.00 that we put down as our deposit if nobody else books for that day.  If you can pass along the message to anyone else you might know who may be interested in booking with Rosewater, that would be great.  

Thanks so much!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

Travelnut:  were you happy with paradise banquet hall for your wedding? I have the same problem! I loved liberty grand but the pricea are definitely steep.

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee

sparkle621:  were you happy with paradise banquet hall?

The topic ‘Toronto area venues for under $115 all in’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors