(Closed) Traditionally women can propose to men on a leap year! 2012 is a LEAP YEAR!

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Do it!! For anyone thinking about doing it I think it is totally badass.

Sometimes in life you got to go balls to the wall!

Post # 4
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I posted yesterday that I am planning to do this. I am so excited it is rediculous. Next week I hope to be engaged! yay!

Post # 5
1235 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would make sure that you all have thought this through completely. Remember that for a lot of men, proposing and such is an ego thing and if they wanted to marry you, they will ask you in their own time.

Post # 6
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I wish I could Frown Normally if I want something, I’d go and get it but the SO has told me on more than one occasion that he really wants to be the one to propose (he even wants to ask my parents for their blessing) so in this case, I have to relinquish control. That being said, after he proposes (fingers cross he does), I’ll be doing a proposal of my own, complete with an engagement watch and asking HIS parents for their blessing. Not letting him have all the fun Tongue Out

Post # 7
162 posts
Blushing bee

Sorry, but no – for several reasons:

1) If he wanted to marry me he would have asked. He hasn’t asked, so he obviously doesn’t want to.

2) In my heart I’d probably never forgive him for not loving me enough to propose. I’d feel jealous every time another girl was proposed to properly, and would eventually grow resentful because he never gave me that.

3) If he’s not enough of a man to propose to me, he’s not enough of a man to be my husband.

4) Asking him is as good as chopping his b***s off. Way to go for emasculating him and screwing up the gender roles in the relationship.

Post # 8
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I would if I wasnt already engaged! I kinda wish I could have it would have been fun to tell our kids and grandkids! Mommy/Grandma just couldnt wait for daddy to ask anymore so she asked him herself 🙂 I think it would be sweet!

Post # 9
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m all for breaking gender roles! I don’t understand why in this day and age people have such a narrow view of proposals.  “they have to be from the man to the woman” “they have to be down on one knee” “they have to have a diamond ring” Why people think things need to be so “cookie cutter” is beyond me!  

Yes, Fiance proposed to me.  But believe me, I would have had no problems doing it.  Thats just the way it worked out.  

Post # 10
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MsNarwhal:  Agreed.

I sincerely wish all of you ladies the best though.

Post # 12
75 posts
Worker bee

I’m totally gonna get down on one knee and do the “will you….share my cookie” thing.  🙂

But no, I’m not gonna actually propose.  I’ve had two other leap years with him already, and if I wanted to propose, I’d propose on the day I wanted to, not one the one day that some ancient society rule says it’s ok for me to take control of my life.

I like FiberOptic’s response – If he’s not enough of a man to propose to me, he’s not enough of a man to be my husband. 🙂 

Post # 14
802 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Fiberoptic:  foreal!

Plus then you would never have an engagement ring!

Post # 15
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am hoping that my ring arrives before the 29th and that the proposal happens so that I can do it AFTER he has already done it. He ordered it at the end of January (not expecting it to take a month to get here) so he said the time he wanted to do it already passed so I know it’s coming like…as soon as it arrives.

If it doesn’t get here by then when I do it I will explain that I don’t want this to be the “Facebook official” or what we share with our parents but that I want to tell him why I want to be his wife and why I want him to be my husband

Post # 16
73 posts
Worker bee

I’m too traditional for that.I think that these gender roles exsist to protect each genders vulnerabilities in a way I think that men would be able to recover from the shame of a woman saying “NO” more quickly than a woman could….

this is just a thought by the way- I for one could never recover from the shame if my SO said “No” 

But for those of you that are doing it- Good on yas! I wish I had the guts to do that! Live happily ever after xox!!

The topic ‘Traditionally women can propose to men on a leap year! 2012 is a LEAP YEAR!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors