(Closed) Trash The Dress – Show Me Your Pics & Give Advice!!

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Ive never heard of trash the dress. do people really “trash” their wedding dress?? I am curious about how much the dress can take before its not really cleanable anymore. 

Post # 4
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

i’ve been thinking of doing it – though i dont know how much ill actually trash the dress though im sure it will get dirty.

My husbands family owns a farm and i thought it would be fun to go down there, get some cute rain boots and run around the farm – ride the horses, chase the chickens and pigs.

do a google image search for beach trash the dress…there are some good ideas on there

Post # 5
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I always wanted to do this, and now I’m in love with my wedding dress and not sure anymore! Ha ha!  Any advice, people?  I would love to be able to do it without ruining it!

Post # 6
621 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I was exactly the same before the wedding, not sure if i wanted to do it or not. Then my wedding day came, my dress was perfect and at the end of the day when i took it off, it was quite a bit dirty at the bottom, so this is when i decided to do “Trash the Dress” session. My session was not going to be of me sitting in a lake, i just wanted to take my dress to places i would not take it… Here is one of the pictures. You will have to have the dress dry cleaned anyways, so why not!

Post # 7
5654 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’ll be doing a TTD session in the next few weeks! I’m thinking paint! =).. definitely not any water just b/c I don’t really like the shots, but definitely want some “urban” type shots and my FH and I are going to be doing some splatter painting! =)

Post # 10
2018 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@His Lioness: Thanks so much!  And yes, we were in the Pacific Ocean.  I loved that photo shoot more than the actual wedding. lol  Anyway, I purposely chose a David’s Bridal sale special ($250.00) just because I knew I wanted to trash it.  Believe me, I would have gotten something a little more expensive and form-fitting otherwise:)

But if your dress/lace is mostly poly, then you should be fine.  Also, it depends on how much you spent and if you are willing to accept the consequences:)  I was almost able to salvage it but the downfall was not the water and sand, but the reddish dirt on the cliffs where I had to walk to the car afterwards, otherwise it would have been fine to keep or donate.  I ended up giving to my son to use as a costume (he’s a filmmaker).

Sounds like you have some good ideas for it already so take the plunge, so to speak and have fun with it:)

Post # 11
961 posts
Busy bee

I did a “day-after” quasi TTD session – not so much trashing but a lot of romping around and laying in fields:

Post # 12
443 posts
Helper bee

We did a TTD session the following day after our beach wedding in MX.  Best decision I made for the whole wedding!  Those pics are by far my favorites and we loved doing it-highly recommend it!  And my dress is just fine.  All the sand came out & she’s perfect πŸ™‚  Good luck!   Some of my faves-

Post # 15
443 posts
Helper bee

@His Lioness:  Thanks so much!  Yep, my dress is lace and it was salt water.  Had it dry cleaned and it’s fine πŸ™‚  I say do it-i don’t think you’ll regret it one bit πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Trash The Dress – Show Me Your Pics & Give Advice!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors