- 2 years ago
- Wedding: July 2017
I usually have no problem deciding where I want to go next for a vacation but I’m struggling right now because there are so many factors.
1. Fiance has said, he “enjoys staying in a place and getting to know his way around and getting to know it better and better.” I’m the opposite, happiest the moment I’m discovering new locations I’ve never visited before. A good compromise would be two spots or a very exotic, lesser known spot with lots to discover.
2. Fiance loooves Hawaii, Kauai especially. But…. we are Canadian and our dollar to USD is terrible right now. For the practical side of me, it’s hard to want to go somewhere where we throw away 30% of whatever we spend on exchange, knowing if we wait, our dollar will become closer to par again.
3. I want to try and get pregnant, so places where there is Zika are out.
4. I put all our wedding expenses and rent on my visa avion card so we can fly almost anywhere except for Australia , Africa, Middle East.
5. Fiance hates crowds and we both don’t love really touristy areas.
6. I teach elementary school and so we will go either over Christmas or next summer.
7. Some places we’ve been and loved are: Dubrovnik, plitvice lakes, a farm stay in Puglia, the English countryside, Washington DC (the history!), Portland. I went to Turkey before I met Fiance and I looooved the food and culture and history and people.
8. I know this is ridiculous , but I really, really love fresh figs. I will seriously go visit a place so I can eat them off a tree!
There may not be any place that fits all our requirements, but I’m home sick and I would love to start dreaming! All suggestions welcome 🙂