Post # 1
So I posted a week ago about flyling to Buffalo. We are going in May. Hopefully it will be nice weather there. So here are my questions;
1. I will be about 19 weeks and I have a 2 1/2 Dirty Delete. Am I just friggin’ crazy to fly that far? (Funny question but partly serious)
2. She WILL NOT sit in her own seat. She will be terrified so clinging to me or Darling Husband. Will we still have to pay for a seat for her?
3. What is your favorite airline? I was thinking US Airways? We are trying to find the cheapest.
4. Anyone know what the weather will be like in the first week of May?
Thanks for your help!!(:
Post # 3
1. No – I don’t think you are crazy. 🙂
2. Yes – any child who has passed their 2nd birthday must have their own seat. Only children under 2 can sit on a parent’s lap.
3. Darling Husband flys for work every week and our favorite airline is Delta. But they all work just fine so if you are looking to save money, then just go for the best price you can get.
4. I’ve never been to Buffalo so I can’t speak to the weather. 🙂
Post # 5
@figgnewton: I would look into Jet blue if you can because they have individual TVs on all the seats. You can distract your Dirty Delete with headphones and somethign to watch. Also bring some other activities and she will probably like her own little seat with the tray table. It will be an adventure. Many of the other airlines dont have this luxury or only in a few planes.
Post # 6
@figgnewton: Have fun on your trip!
1. You are not crazy for traveling!
2. If you are over 2 you have to have to pay for a ticket. I’ve heard pinterest has some great ideas for traveling with children. I don’t have kid’s yet but my mommy friends say “1 present per hour is a good rule of thumb for keeping kiddo’s occupied on a plane.” Plus lots of snacks/treats. If you have an iPad/laptop and are a tv/movie family maybe have some shows downloaded ready for the trip.
3. We travel often, alaska airlines is always friendly with us. I’ve heard jet blue is fantastic.
4. I’ve never been to Buffalo but if you google Farmers Almanac you should be able to check the weather for that time of year. Good luck!
Post # 7
Historicallly weather in the Buffalo area in May the Daytime HIGH is anywhere between 40 F and 65 F
Accuweather – Buffalo NY May Averages = http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/buffalo-ny/14202/may-weather/349726
Niagara Falls is really close to Buffalo… and worth a visit if you have the time (both the US & Canada side if you have a Passport)
The Maid of the Mist… the iconic Niagara Falls attraction is typically OPEN by the first week of May… once the ice is out of the Niagara River. (Check their Website for more info as your Travel Date nears)
Hope this helps,