(Closed) Tried on 100 dresses, hate all of them on me :(

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 19
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I LOVE 1- I think it’s sexy! 2 is also pretty, but I think your shape gets lost in it.

What exactly do you see when you look at the picture? 

Post # 20
4693 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@Bostongrl25:  I think the second dress is the most flattering, but honestly I think you’re rocking that first dress too! 

Post # 21
8878 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

OMG! #2 was meant for you! It’s beautiful and elegant and you look fabulous! You don’t look size 14 in any of them!

Post # 23
3148 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Bostongrl25:  I will post my dress journey at some point.  I sympathize with you.  I am also a street size 14, much heavier than I used to be.  I felt like I needed a brown paper bag to breathe in on my way to my first dress appointment.  I knew it will be a true body image check.  I drove myself nuts with looking at dress posts on here… I felt I couldn’t be as beautiful… it was really setting up a high bar. 

And you know what? I ended up with a mermaid.  I am curvy… but my stomach is pretty flat… and I am embracing my curves and wearing a dress that sparkles and makes me feel like a million bucks.  I have gone through a lot with FI’s mother talking crap about me to all of her family (that I’m overweight), but our wedding day is OUR wedding day and I will feel beautiful… especially when Fiance looks at me like I’m the only girl in the world.  It may sound cheesy… but he does that very well.  I am who I am… and he loves me for a reason.

(Btw, I really loved #2 on you!)

And don’t be afraid to show off your curves!  I think you’d look great in a drop waisted gown, too.

Post # 25
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Number two has my vote because I love that style in general, but one gives you such a tiny waist…three is my least fav. Try not to beat yourself up since we are our own worst critic!  You have a great hourglass figure.

Post # 27
701 posts
Busy bee

I don’t see those things at all, in fact I think your arms look pretty firm. Just try to remember that you are your own worst critic.

Post # 28
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You’re totally right – the shape of the 2nd dress looks amazing on you. There was probably some detail that your group didn’t like but that’s definitely the right direction. And you are being waaaay too hard on yourself – you look lovely!

Post # 29
1867 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@Bostongrl25:  You look absolutely beautiful in those dresses.  Please don’t be embarrassed.  You have no reason to be embarrassed at all. 

I love the first two.  The third is my least favorite, but it is still pretty.  I love #2 the most.  It looks really pretty on you.  If you think you won’t be comfortable in something fitted like #1, I would definitely keep trying on a-line dresses.  I think it looks so amazing on you.  You’re going to be a beautiful bride and you will find a dress that you absolutely love and feel comfortable in.  Don’t give up.

Post # 30
1746 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think you have a fantastic body and 1 and 2 are great options. Don’t be so hard on yourself, girl!

Post # 31
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@Bostongrl25:  I love #1 on you and #2 is a close second for me! I think #1 woudl look fantastic with some kind of belt.

The topic ‘Tried on 100 dresses, hate all of them on me :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors