- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
Just for fun, what kind of trips or vacations have you taken with your SO? Don’t forget to include your hometown!
Our hometown is Pittsburgh, PA.
* first trip we went on was to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I’d been there, like, 8 times before but this was my fiance’s first time. He LOVED it! We went in October and everything was literally perfect — the weather, the lack of crowds, the B & B. Awesome!
* took a long weekend to the Laurel Highlands of PA. Saw Falling Water, Laurel Caverns, and visited Ohio Pyle. B&B here was also awesome — AMAZING breakfast and super, super quiet. Best part of the trip had to be when my fiance slipped and fell in the little creek leading up to Falling Water. His shoes, socks, and shorts were soaked and he even dropped his new camera in the water. He tried to change in the parking lot because it was mostly empty, but then in started to rain and a huge bus of kids pulled up next to him. (This is only funny because he wasn’t hurt, his camera still works, and he made fun of me relentlessly the whole drive out there because I rolled my ankle in the driveway before we left and skinned my knees)!
* took another long weekend to Fredonia, PA to just “chill out” and visit wine country. The weather sucked, the wineries sucked, the B&B was just okay, and I was sick the entire time. Fail. lol
* went camping once or twice to my fiance’s friend’s trailer. Sorta fun for, like, 5 hours, then got boring. Also couldn’t stand how close the trailers were. But this was the first place my fiance told me he loved me AND the first place we saw each other naked. (don’t ask lol)
* went “real” tent camping at Bear Run Campground for a weekend. Lots of fun the first 2 days, but after that I was sunburned and sick of it.
* went to my dad’s friends cabin in the middle of nowhere last memorial day weekend and had a BLAST!
* took a cruise to Princess Cays, Bahamas, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk on the Emerald Princess in October 2009. BEST. TRIP. EVER. I could go on for pages!!! We’re probably going to go on another Princess Cruise for our honeymoon.
Share your trips!