(Closed) Trouble finding Spring 2009 Gowns???

posted 9 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - St. Thomas of Villanova Church & the F.U.E.L. House

I had this issue with Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses — none of the most recent styles (from the Jim Hjelm collection, in particular) were available, and according to the consultant who helped us, they won’t be in until September (no help for us!).

Post # 5
1428 posts
Bumble bee

argh….D.Marie….I googled for ages trying to find it for you. I also checked Oncewed.com but didn’t see it there either. Have you tried eBay? I know some bees (like tmarie) have had great success with it and others notsomuch. I’m gonna keep looking for you hon, we have 2 small boutique-y type bridal shops here in my little funny pilgrim town…I can check with them if you want…they are walking distance so totally not a big deal.
Have you thought about doing an Etsy alchemy request for it? eeeeh…that was my last thought for you.

Post # 8
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I’m glad you were able to find your dress! To comment on the availability of Spring 2009 gowns — since the spring lines themselves only hit the runways recently, I don’t imagine many stores outside of maybe flagship salons would actually stock the newest samples. In fact, I think that the runway shows are probably when all the salon owners actually order samples. Then it seems most designers begin scheduling their trunk shows soon after, which is when brides to be get to try on the newest, fresh of the runway styles. My VW was a Spring 2008, which wasn’t available some stores until a few months after, but I saw it for the first time (and bought it!) during a trunk show =).

Post # 9
1428 posts
Bumble bee

aaah!!! Yayyy!!! Good luck!!!!! And yes, let us know! (((Hugs)))

PS: I totally understand…I need to try stuff on too before I buy.

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

hey D> Marie

i found you here too:P one more thing  …if you you get to try the dress please tell me how much it costs -it’s important for me;)! send me aprivate message if the site wont let  u post the price or a mail @ [email protected]. Thanks!

The topic ‘Trouble finding Spring 2009 Gowns???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors