(Closed) Trouble in Paradise (long & sad)

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Hang in there Ring Bearer.  Sounds like he’s going through a really hard time right now and that you’ll get a much better sense of where things stands when you get there and can interact with him face to face.

It sounds like you are thinking clearly, and I understand why you need a break.  We can’t wait to see you soon and hope that it’s a reunion fully of good news!

Post # 4
2765 posts
Sugar bee

Good luck to both of you!!

Is it possible to have that small beach wedding for now… and then do a vow renewal when you guys are on more solid ground financially?  That may be a way to keep the embers of your dream wedding a’glowin’!

Post # 5
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

((HUGS)) πŸ™ I understand why you need a break (btw I’m in tears because I feel like I know you, I mean it’s you me KM Sull and Dirty Delete against the world right?)  You are a wonderful wonderful person.  He seems like such a great guy, he wants to take care of you and make sure that he’s the provider he has always been for you while y’all have been together.  You should definitely tell him that life is not all roses and peonies.  There are peaks and valleys and in betweens.  Being married sounds like it’s important to the two of you, perhaps you can have a wedding later on?  The recession has definitely hit everyone really hard right now trust me when I say it’s not just him.  Oh my goodness I will miss you so much.  You have my email address, if you ever need to chat vent cry or eat ice cream and cereal let me know and we can have a date night!!!

Post # 6
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh girl, I wish the best to you. I was so there last month… but I was in your FI’s shoes. 

I hope everything gets better, that you get it all straightened out and that you remain together and happy. Good luck and I can’t wait for the day that you come back, Ring Bearer, and I really hope you do. Hugs, hugs, hugs and love!

Post # 7
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

So sorry you and your Fiance are having to go through this. I am confident that things will work out for both of you. I think that mrbee’s suggestion of a beach wedding now and a vow renewal later for your family would be great.

I look forward to you coming back after you get things worked out.

Post # 8
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I hope everything goes okay, and gets better.  I can’t empathize, but I do sympathize.  I third Mr. Bee’s suggestion.  I really do hope that everything gets straightened out, and that y’all are happy

Post # 9
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m so sorry you are in a rough spot right now. I really hope that things get better and work out for the best. Good luck!

Post # 10
1510 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m sorry to see you go, but good luck!!  I really hope things work out for you two and that your Fiance is able to move forward with as few problems as possible.  I will keep you and your Fiance in my thoughts and prayers. 

Post # 11
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I’m really sorry you are going through this.  Once you and your Fiance reconnect in February, I’m sure things won’t feel so heavy.  I’m an LDR girl and just getting to be in the same room as my Fiance always makes things better. 

People all over are going through rought economic times.  It’s no reflection on your Fiance that he is suffering a pay cut. I’m sure you know this, you just have to get him to accept it.  Given a little time, things will start to look brighter.  Best of luck.

Post # 12
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

I’m so sorry that this happened. πŸ™ I hope you’re able to work it all out. It’s hard being in an LDR and planning– I can attest to that and I’m only away from Mr. S 5 days out of the week! Being apart adds so much extra stress on top of stress.

Just breathe, try to find yourselves (as dumb/cliche as that sounds!), and hopefully COME BACK SOON.

You will be missed, ma’am.

Post # 13
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m so sorry you are going through this!  I think it is a really good idea to go and be with him.  Everything that seems so confusing now will begin to be sorted out once you are together and can spend quality time together in person.  Hugs, and I await your return to WB!

Post # 14
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I second Crebre’s words πŸ˜‰

and I’ll miss you – I had already noticed your posting had decreased, and have been thinking of you, hoping everything was okay. I’m so sorry to hear that it’s not. πŸ™

I hope and pray that your relationship and your FI’s emotional health are repaired quickly and easily, and that you’re both able to resume moving forward, together, soon. I also hope that this difficult time turns out to be one of growth, getting through the hard stuff together, and makes you an even stronger couple. And then I hope to see you back here, happy and witty and take-no-prisoners as ever!

MrBee had a great suggestion; the two of you could always get married in a small ceremony now, and go all out for a one year vow renewal when you’ve had more time to save, the money from your condo, etc.

ETA: Did you see the article Mrs Beagle posted yesterday? It might be a good read for you.  http://www.apracticalwedding.com/2010/01/wedding-planning-in-face-of-serious.html

Post # 15
3252 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Awwww ((hugs)) I’m so very sorry for the two of you right now. I”m glad you’re going to be with him all next month. In a battle of any kind, two is always better than one and who better to be your backup then the love of your life.

I wish the two of you the absolute best and will be patiently awaiting your happy return to WB. <3

Post # 16
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

I am so sorry for you and your Fiance.  I enjoyed getting some travel themed ideas from your blog.  I hope that your month together next month will really help the situation.  I wish you the best!

The topic ‘Trouble in Paradise (long & sad)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors