- 3 years ago
- Wedding: May 2016
I am getting married in Orocovis, PR. In the middle mountainous area of PR. I arrived on Tuesday with my fiance, Maid/Matron of Honor and a bridesmaid to give me time to get things together. I have no wedding planner. Just a lot of family members pitching in. So far this wedding planning has not been without hiccups because of the fact I live in FL and planning everything for PR:
– issue with the venue- there was a miscommunication of time. I was told we had to be out by midnight. Last week my aunt (who booked the venue- because I couldn’t because I didn’t reside there) told us the venue ended at 10pm which really threw off the itinerary. Thank goodness my mother came to PR before me and was able to convince the venue director to let us end at 11 since our DJ is booked until 11
– I ordered a custom FSU garter- because it was my Alma mater- It ended up arriving the day we flew to PR so I couldn’t check the mail and bring it 🙁 now to find a simple one locally
– it has been very very hard to find things here. I can’t just Yelp or Google map things. I have to rely on word of mouth and Facebook so finding someone to do nails has been hard. A lot of people work from home. I found someone who does gorgeous acrylic nails but my BMs would like gel Polish and we haven’t been successful in that. It is the countryside here. To get my eyebrows done by this person off Instagram it was an ordeal. She seemed close on the map but it took 30 min through the mountains only to find she lived on top of a steep steep hill and it took 2 attempts for the rental car to go up that side and then we got stuck with the car lol… this is not Florida. 40 min for $10 threading job… but at least she did amazing haha.
Just So you get an idea of the location ^
– my Bridesmaid or Best Man showed me her dress while she was here and we realized the color was not what it seemed online and that I also bought the wrong color yellow tie, so it doesn’t match. Now we are on the hunt for either a new tie or will have to change all the ties totally…
– we are supposed to have a cake tasting today. Long story short Mother-In-Law picked a cake person- her friend- had never tasted or seen any cakes she made and paid her without asking me. The person does not have any pictures to show me and has been very rude and I have no idea what my cake looks like at this point… but the wedding is in 2 days so I have given up…
But anyways besides all the small stuff I am glad to be away from work, with my friends, family and fiance on a mini vacation.
Today we check into our weekend cabins at Roka Dura Villages
We will be sharing this 12 person cabin between my siblings, some friends and cousins. I am very excited. 2 more days to be wed. This is going to be a interesting experience 😉