(Closed) trying to find a bride that wore Essence of Australia D1181!!!

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 62
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Girls I went for the Essense!!! I went back yesterday having cancelled my appointment to see Tracey – As stunning as she was I just knew D1181 was the dress for me!

I think I’m going to have a thick satin halter strap added, the lady in the bridal shop said that any jacket with it would be too busy, and that if I felt a bit bare we could always add a strap. I wasn’t too sure at first but because I’m so tall she said I have a lot of depth between my neck and the dress so it might help break it up – and it looked stunning!! I have a photo on my mums camera I will post as soon as I can!

Post # 64
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@AshleyM623:

I just tried this dress on yesterday for my September 2012 wedding and I think this is it! I’m a size 10 and it fit so well! I love that the lace is delicate, yet has a modern look to it. The sash really makes the dress. I tried on the “oyster” color but I think I’m going w/ ivory or white because my bridesmaids are wearing charcoal gray. (I’m afraid the oyster will not be enough of a contrast) My only thing…are you going w/ zipper closure or corset?? I love the button detail down the back but my sister (married last June) says she regrets not having a corset back because by the end of her reception, she had to keep hiking her dress up… You look GORGEOUS in it! It is such a flattering dress!

Post # 66
68 posts
Worker bee

@azafata: Oh thats so lovely of you!! It’s made my day anyway =) I can’t stop thinking about it!!

So guys here it is with a halter strap (inspired by Tracey!) What do you think? I think I’d probably go for one a little bit slimmer than this. (Excuse the blotchiness, I got very overheated with all the excitement!!)

View original reply
@Miss Greyhound: I think that bridesmaids dress would look lovely with our dress – it’s simple and beautiful without stealing the show!! Is that the colour you’d be going for?

Post # 67
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Jessica24UK: Wow you look alot like ashley in this pic – i had to go back to the start of the thread to double check!

To be honest i think i prefer it on you with out the strap – but its got to be what you feel most comfortable in.

Thanks for the feedback on the bridesmaids dress, with just over 3 months till my wedding and both my bridesmaids living in another country i was begining to stress that i wouldn’t find anything. But both the girls have tried the dresses now and despite being very different body types they are both happy with them, which makes me happy!

I guess i will sort of be going with this colour, but fortunately its neutral enough that i can put something else with it. Im thinking maybe pale pink peonies for the boquets (if they’re avaliable)

Post # 68
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi Ladies,
I have ordered my dress. I ordered Ivory with Ivory Lace and Lace up back. I know some of you were after a picture to see the back. Here it is. This dress is the oyster with Ivory lace. There is a panel missing… you should not be able to see your back under the lace up.

Post # 69
3 posts
Wannabee

Hi Everyone! I too became an Essence d1181 bride recently for my wedding in December and am very excited! However, I have one concern I’m hoping you can help me out with. I am getting married in at a chapel that prefers (but doesn’t mandate) brides cover her arms a bit- and this is a strapless dress. It’s not very important to me but I’d like to comply anyway out of respect for my in-laws, and the place, etc. I have ordered this dress in an ivory satin with a white lace overlay. What have you girls used, or what would you suggest, would be a nice matching bolero or cover or add on sleeves that I can use during the ceremony- without breaking the bank? It’s such a pretty dress I’m afraid of ruining the look with a mismatched cover- up. Help!

Post # 70
68 posts
Worker bee

@mrsltmartin: When I mentioned a bolero to the lady I’ve bought mine from she wasn’t too enthusiastic about it! She thought it might over power the dress as the lace makes such a statement! I still love the idea though, perhaps it’s worth trying a couple on? They said I could have one made in the same lace but I thought a matt satin would probably be better as it would tie in with the satin belt but wouldn’t look too ott. Plus you could probably pick one up a little cheaper than having one specially made! Also, if you’d only be wearing it in the chapel I’m sure you don’t want to spend a fortune!

Perhaps if you didn’t want anything too heavy something really sheer would be better? Like this:

Post # 71
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Hello!!! I am also an essense of australia d1181 bride! i will be getting married in pa on April 21,2012. I am sooo excited about this dress. I purchased the oyster with ivory lace and zip up back. I think i have decided on this bridesmaid dress:http://www.lizfields.com/Product/Bridesmaid-Dresses/Short-Strapless-Style-364/ in the color rosy brown. Does it go?!

Also- my fiance really wants to be in gray- would you do light or dark? Do you think the gray will clash with the oyster color? Thank you so much for all your advice! 🙂

Post # 72
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@mrsltmartin:

Or maybe a jacket out of the satin – personally i would definately try and stay away from lace

Post # 75
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi Guys

Im also looking at the d1181 for my wedding in September 2012, thanks for the pictures you have all posted, the ones on essense website doesnt do it justice. am I the only one from the UK having this dress?

Post # 76
68 posts
Worker bee

@MeadowSweet17: Nope I’m from the UK too! I agree though, the website doesn’t do any of their dresses any justice at all. When I first tried my dress on I came home and immediately googled it (obsessed much!?) and I thought for a moment I had the wrong number until I zoomed in!

View original reply
@AshleyM623: I agree! I think theres nothing wrong with a crisp white shirt even if you’re wearing ivory! I don’t think anybody is even going notice, only you, so go with what you prefer! I think ( or hope!!) my other half will be in dark grey. Neither of us likes tails that much, so I think he’s just going to hire a really great cut suit with a matching waistcoat (love him in a waistcoat!), a white shirt and a red rose for his button hole.

The topic ‘trying to find a bride that wore Essence of Australia D1181!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors