- 7 months ago
- Wedding: February 1993
Hi there. Good day! I find it funny that 3 years ago I registered on this forum to post my situation that I was freakin’ paranoid (read my post: https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/32nd-day-today-she-still-has-no-period/) that my then-girlfriend (my wife now) might be pregnant!
Now I am back to get some advice, although we’re planning to visit a doctor at the end of the month after our honeymoon for our first wedding anniversary.
So as the title says, we’ve been trying to get prenant for two months already. In the first month, we were using lubricant. And we didn’t know that lubes affect the sperm! By the way, we’ve been using mobile apps to track my wife’s cycle. So the first month failed, and since then we stopped using lube. Then here comes the second month, today she had her period. My heart is quite broken and I feel quite happy too, that we do not have to think about our baby yet. She’s 28, and I’m 25.
Here’s what I am thinking that might have been hindering us to conceive.
1. She works as a call center agent, so she works at night.
2. She’s a little bit stressed, she gets 5-6 hours of sleep..
3. I am more stressed, I have been working so hard, I work as a full time programmer and a freelance programmer at night. From 10AM to 4AM. 5-6 hours of sleep for me too is so enough.
4. We’re ignorant about the real meaning of ovulation, we just know the safe and unsafe days through the app that we’re using.
5. We do not take vitamins or any food supplement.
So that’s it. Is getting pregnant really this hard? Is two months too short yet to feel this worried that I might have the problem? There has not been a person in both of our kin who didn’t get a child. Again, we’d love to visit a doctor after our travel this end of month, but at least I’d love to get some advice so that we can try again after my wife’s period.