(Closed) Trying to Make a Decision ….

posted 6 years ago in College
Post # 3
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Are you thinking about trying to attend a community college first? I doubt you will be able to erase your past record, typically universities/colleges/programs ask for transcripts from every higher education institution you have attended.

But with a lot of hard work, and a much better GPA I’m sure there are programs that would accept you, especially if you were able to explain your past grades.

Post # 4
76 posts
Worker bee

Usually when you transfer credits, the grades in those courses do not count into your new GPA.  So while the transfer course grades would appear on your transcript, they wouldn’t count toward your GPA.  That being said, I think it depends on how many credits we’re talking about.  If you’ve got 60 credits done, then yeah, I’d use them.  That’s four semesters, which is thousands of dollars.  But if you’ve got 15 or 20, then you may want to consider just starting over.

But like Stoppy321 says, any school you apply to is going to ask for your transcript from your previous institution.  I would actually ask the schools you’re thinking about what can be done.  Every school has it’s own policy about these sorts of things.

Post # 5
45 posts

It doesn’t matter how many credits you have as far as whether to transfer them or not. If you didn’t pass the class, it’s in your record but you can’t use those credits toward graduation and you would have to make them up anyhow. I would still transfer credits for the classes that you did pass as you don’t want to have to do any extra and unnecessary coursework.

Post # 6
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

talk to the admissions office of the school you ar going to attend. you mau be able to use some of your previous credits, and if you did well in those classes, you may save some money (withiut having the grades transfer).

Post # 7
1583 posts
Bumble bee

@nicollette1189:  You can’t really just “start over” as this could be viewed as fraud. YOu do have to let them know about your previous course work but you do not have to use those classes (and let them affect you GPA…though it migh affect you overall gpa regardless). I would say take extra classes to counteract the effect of your previous work. Possibly go to a 2 year progarm and transfer after you do better.

The topic ‘Trying to Make a Decision ….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors