(Closed) Trying to nail down a venue, but they're not cooperating.

posted 5 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I made a rule with every vendor I used that if they didn’t respond to me within 72 hours they were off my list. Most all of the vendors I used responded to me within 24 hours so to be unable to communicate within a week is a headache I just wouldn’t want to deal with.

Post # 4
1134 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It does seem very rude and that they do not want your business. I would give it one more day then give up on that location and find someone who wants your business. jus think, if they wont respond now, they probally wont once they have your money!

Post # 5
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I had this same problem, but let it go on for months! Finally we decided to just have it somewhere else. We have to have it on a friday now, because we wasted so much time waiting on the other venue, all saturdays are booked everywhere else. I’d say start looking else where.

Post # 6
8694 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

i guess it depends how bad you want your wedding there.

if it were me, i would look for another venue if they can’t get back to you.


Post # 7
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Unless it is your dream venue and nothing else will compare, move on.  This is just a foreshadowing of what’s to come if you work with these people.  I scrapped a venue I really liked because they SUCKED at getting back to me.

Post # 9
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think you should tell them that the dearth of communication is making you second guess the venue. It may light a fire under them!

Post # 10
46409 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@regit45:  I would move my communications up a notch on the ladder and email the General Manager. I wouldn’t  vent and complain about the coordinator. If you decide to use this venue, you will have to work with them.

I would say that I know this is a very busy time for them but you are concerned that your date may be booked before you even have a chance to tour the venue and meet with them. i would ask them to hold the date for you until they are able to arrange time in their schedule to meet with you.

Post # 11
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Glen Sanders Mansion

@cora_123:  I had this same rule.  If they can’t reply quickly while trying to get my business, why should I believe they will be quick to reply once they have my deposit??

Try to speak to a manager.  They may be particularly busy with wedding season or maybe your emails are getting lost in a spam folder.

Post # 12
2533 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Most venues aren’t open in the morning, but besides that email is a pretty unreliable way to get in touch with a busy person.
Call her (does her email signature include her cell number? Because then it’s fair game) and talk to her directly. If that doesn’t work, get in touch with a manager to get your info.  

If she still seems uninterested or takes her time, imagine how much slower she’ll be when she actually gets your money!!

The topic ‘Trying to nail down a venue, but they're not cooperating.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors