(Closed) TTC & positions

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@MrsJVP:  I used OPKs for a few months to really get a handle on my cycle, but ironically it was the one month I didn’t use one that we got pregnant!  I highly recommend them though if you aren’t charting. I think we were able to get pregnant because we knew what days were right. 

As for positions, the woman on top thing is mostly gravity working against you there, but I’m sure it’s still possible.  If missionary isn’t an option, can you maybe do it spooning?   I’m no expert, but those are our top two baby making positions and it worked for us. 

Good luck and have fun! 

Post # 4
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

My Fiance and I just started (or stopped NOT trying, really) this week and I’m really excited.  What does TWW mean?

Post # 5
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@lezlers: Two Week Wait–the two weeks after ovulation but before you’re due to get your period. 

Post # 6
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

TWW = two week wait.  The time between ovulation and when your period is due. 

It’s torture. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 7
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Ah ha!  Thank you, I’m usually able to figure out various acronyms on my own but that one had me totally stumped.

Post # 9
Bee
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2007 - Radisson Hotel

I got pregnant that way (on O-day, too), and had a girl despite all the things that said it should be a boy (ovulation day, woman on top). Then again, I also put my butt up on the pillow afterward which may have helped (google ambergontrail and it’s official to find the post).

They say it helps get the swimmers up there better if you climax (sorry for the TMI), so there is a definite chance it could have worked for you! Also, we did it ONCE on o-day and it got us pregnant after a year of trying other ways, too. πŸ™‚

ETA: Oh, and I used preseed and OPKs. That’s how I knew it was o-day for us! Get them here (way cheap) : http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/conception-combo-packs.html

Post # 11
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Kiwi:  I read a book the other day that said that if a woman climax’s during sex that she is more likely to have a girl because something in the change of vaginal fluid (can’t remember- exactly – sorry) makes it harder for the male sperm to survive.  

We are not TTC yet, but I feel like I’m reading everything in the world to prepare for the event.  You can get pregnant (technically) in any position.  Just prop yourself up after….:)  

Post # 12
Bee
588 posts
Busy bee

The theory is that sperm bearing Y chromosomes (for boys) move faster but don’t live as long as sperm that carry X chromosomes (for girls). So if you want a boy, the deeper the “penetration” (god, what am I saying online) the best chance for a boy. It’s lame. πŸ™‚ They also say closer to o-date is best to make boys (faster, short lived boy sperm) and the farther away during your fertile time to o-date gives those slower longer lived girl sperm a chance to get to the target. πŸ™‚

I obviously spent way too long thinking about this when I got pregnant, not knowing what we were having yet. πŸ˜€

Post # 13
Bee
588 posts
Busy bee

@KendraJ: really? That’s awesome. I really wish I had known that when I got pregnant, because I was CONVINCED Piper was a boy (because of the other crap) and was SO shocked she was a girl (that we wanted first anyway!) that I cried with joy. Haha. My husband mocked my “motherly instincts”.

Post # 14
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Haha…I got prego on top on Christmas! How do I know that it happened then…only time we had sex that month.(can’t believe I’m posting this!!) Lol. Do it then lay down immediately afterwards with your hips somewhat elevated and don’t stress about it…just have fun doing it!

Post # 16
3587 posts
Sugar bee

I got pregnant while being on top with sex 4 days before O day. No laying and letting them swim and got up to take a shower! We were trying to avoid b/c of plans, but I guess God had other plans.

The topic ‘TTC & positions’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors