(Closed) TTC 101 (I need help!!!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
1525 posts
Bumble bee

http://www.amandabears.com/faq.html <<this

I just skimmed your other post. Chart and look for the temp rise and then see if you maybe have a luteal phase defect (luteal phase under 10 days I believe). Also, I would see about getting an SA done for your husband. It’s usually around $100-200 and it can rule out problems with his sperm, which is cheaper than most tests for you. I would try OPKs as well, so you can get an idea of when you’re ovulating. Have sex every other day. About how long are your cycles usually? You could be missing the fertile window, or there could be something else. Charting can definitely help you figure out if you’re ovulating/have a luteal phase defect. What hormonal problems do you have exactly? Low progesterone? 

Post # 4
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

sex every other day to every day is what worked for us. it took 8 months of actively trying. and dont stress! keep it fun πŸ™‚ i think dh hated me by the time i got preggers because i was scheduling our sex…. ands thats no fun  πŸ™‚ you are still a couple so keep it special and about the two of you… not just about making a baby on the right day of the month πŸ™‚  also your cervical mucus doesnt lie. dont be afraid to touch it and become extremely familiar with it. egg white is what you want to concieve πŸ™‚

Post # 5
8883 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Roxykitten:  My biggest advice (which I didn’t even do) is to relax. It can become frustrating and sometimes sex can feel like a chore. Make sure you and Fiance have fun, don’t let it feel so exhausting.

Also, try to refrain from peeing on any tests until AF is late.  I’m bad for that, but a lot of us are bad at that lol

Good luck!

Post # 6
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Roxykitten:  Get to know your body. Order the book “Taking Charge of Your Fertility”. Don’t tell people you are actively trying πŸ™‚ Good luck!!!!

Post # 7
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Lyndzo:  Agreed! Try not to POAS until you are late, it is very discouraging and ruins the entire day. Also, know that women to who tend to experience symptoms very early (i.e. before even the pregnancy test is positive) are usually confusing normal progesterone raises with pregnancy symptoms, so don’t get stressed out if you don’t get implantation pains, nausea, light headed, etc really early on.

Also, pre seed is amazing! I got oddly dry (probably from stress and having so much sex), preseed is a fantastic lube (and I usually hate lubes!) and it is sperm friendly (which most aren’t).

Limit the amount of time you dedicate daily to it (i.e. researching, reading blogs, charting), the more you do, the more you think about it and the more you stress out-at least that is my pattern.

Finally, remember all that fun stuff you got at your bachelorette party? Time to take it out and start wearing it/using it. While you are at it, let Darling Husband take some fun pictures of you, since once you have a baby, your body may never be the same again.

Good luck!

Post # 13
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Roxykitten:  Your welcome! I learned SO much!!!

Post # 14
4574 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Roxykitten:  I would say RELAX…i think some of the bees already mentioned this, so im standing behid it…althought it is easier said than done…I have been TTC for 5 months and i have to tell you this is first month i feel relaxed…GL

The topic ‘TTC 101 (I need help!!!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors