- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
My fiance and I had decided that we wanted to try to get pregnant before our wedding because 1) I don’t want to be pregnant on our wedding day, and 2) He’s got degenerative disc disease and a host of other health problems, and I have something wrong with my hips. We wanted to have a baby close in age to our daughter, and while we’re both in good physical health to actually run around and do things with our children. We got pregnant and then had a miscarriage, and my period has just started again since then. While we were having the miscarriage I said I thought we needed some time before we tried again, and because he was so devastated he wants us to wait to try until after the wedding. Our daughter would be almost four by the time we had a baby if we got pregnant immediately after the wedding, and all of his injuries have been getting steadily worse to handle on a day to day basis. It took us six months to get pregnant, and we set the wedding day out so far mainly so we could have our baby before the big day, along with other reasons.
I’d like us to start trying again before the wedding like we had planned before, and set a cut off date for trying if we are unable or have another miscarriage. He doesn’t really want to talk about it, and I’m not sure how to get him to see my side of it, or if I should just wait and try later with him like he wants to?