TTC After Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (2020)

posted 3 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 32
1788 posts
Buzzing bee

zstbee84 :  I use the TempDrop and I totally love it! I love temping to confirm ovulation, even though  my OPKs have been reliable and coinciding with my temps very well.

Right now I’m flip flopping between if I want to try progesterone or not. My RE prescribed it for me to start from a BFP, but he did say I could start it at 3dpo if I’m temping. I kind of want to start it at 3dpo to give it time to build up in my system, but I’m not sure if it’ll make a difference. I’m kinda nervous about it for some reason. Part of me doesn’t want to start it until a BFP, but part of me is thinking that I should just throw everything I have at this cycle and give it 100%.

Otherwise, for cycle tracking I just use my TempDrop and [email protected] OPKs. I like the wondfo OPKs too, though!

Post # 35
1788 posts
Buzzing bee

zstbee84 :  Thanks so much! This is super helpful. I picked up my prescription and turns out my RE prescribed me enough for a full year, so that’s nice. He did talk to me about how it hasn’t really been proven to be effective, but it hasn’t been disproven either. It’s more of a “we aren’t really sure if this helps, but it doesn’t hurt.” He said that it’s entirely possible it has helped a few women, but statstically it just wasn’t significant enough to draw a conclusion. I’m hoping I’ll be lucky!

Post # 37
1788 posts
Buzzing bee

zstbee84 :  I’ll be POASing around December 8th I think. I like to POAS early, even moreso now that I need to start low dose aspirin and heparin injections when I get my bfp. I’m 1dpo today! Hoping the next 8 days go by quickly, but I’m going to do my best to just enjoy them and stay occupied. I feel relatively relaxed this cycle but reeaaalllyyy hopeful, which is a bit scary since I don’t want to get my hopes up. But right now I’m just going to enjoy feeling positive. A BFN sucks whether I’m expecting it or not, you know?

Post # 41
1788 posts
Buzzing bee

zstbee84 :  Oh heck yes! I watch Shelly on youtube (the maker of the podcast). She’s amazing. He had her rainbow baby after 4 losses and she’s currently pregnant again and it’s going well so far. So grateful to her for sharing her story.

We did the karyotyping. I’m lucky that I’m in Canada because it was covered for us, but it was good peace of mind to know that genetically we are okay. As for the DNA Fragmentation – my RE didn’t really recommend bothering with that one because even if they find messed up DNA in the male partner’s sperm, there’s not much they can do about it. My RE said he would just recommend taking a multivitamin, so your partner may as well just start taking a multivitamin now and skip the test. Of course, get your RE’s opinion on it. I think you should go to an appointment asap. It’ll feel good to feel like you’re taking steps forward and to at least have a plan of action, even if you are stuck waiting until next October. You could keep trying on your own in the meantime, right?

Post # 43
1788 posts
Buzzing bee

zstbee84 :  Yes, exactly! Ask ALL the questions. That’s what the doctors are there for! And now you can also make a plan with your doctor, to at least get the ball rolling. It’ll feel nice to have a plan and something to look forward to! Are you going to keep trying naturally until then?

Post # 45
91 posts
Worker bee

zstbee84 :  Planner here too that’s the wort part – not knowing what to expect and being able to plan for it!

Some exciting news for me: I went to my PCP yesterday and she gave me a referral to see an obgyn to talk about the recurrent early losses. She also ordered some of the basic labs she could for me – I’m so happy about it because I thought there was a big chance she’d just brush them off and tell us to keep trying.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors