(Closed) TTC in 2017?

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

When:

We will hopefully start TTC June or July 2017! It seems far away, but we have a LOT to accomplish in this time. 

Why:

We got married July 2015, but still feel a bit young (27) for kids considering all of my friends still live at home with their parents! However, I want a bigger family (at LEAST 2, hopefully 3 kids) so I know we need to start soon! 

We are planning on selling our house April 2017, so depending on how the real estate market is, and what we get for our house, it will determine if we start on time or delay for a bit til our finances are better. Also have some minor health issues to work out. I started a new diet to correct my intestinal issues, as per my doctor, so I think it’s important to get a handle on that before we start TTC! 

And, I will stay home with the baby for approx. 1 year (mat leave in Canada) 

Post # 17
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

When will you be TTC and why are you waiting to TTC?

We are waiting to go on our honeymoon and for me to lose some weight first, so we are planning onJune/July. We actually didn’t prevent for a few months with no luck and decided to wait a little longer now. 

Does it seem close or far away? My first cycle after not preventing was AWFUL and seemed like TTC was so far away. Now that we’re in the New Year it’s not so bad!

How long do you plan to stay home with baby? A year, possibly more. My job tops up maternity/parental leave to my full salary so I’m pretty weel off in that sense. I don’t want to lose my career completely!

Post # 18
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I’ll be trying in May as well! Seems to be quite a few of us. 🙂

We would try sooner, but we travelled to the caribbean in November so we don’t have much of a choice. Stupid zika :/

It seems close AND far away all at once. I’ve (strategically) registered for a half marathon on April 30, so that’s distracting me from my baby fever. Going to start taking prenatals soon and just focus on doing things for myself spontaneously while I still can, and enjoying my husband. 

When the time comes, I’ll be off for a full year (thanks, Canada!)

Post # 19
1592 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

andielle :  Hi! We are TTC in December 2017, so a while off, but still this year! Reasons we are waiting – we are getting married in April, we wanted some time to save up after the wedding expenses are over, and I just got made permanent at my job so I wanted to work for a year before applying for maternity leave. 

When we TTC I will be 29 and Fiance will be 36. I’m on the pill and have been since age 16, so I plan on stopping the pill in October to give my cycle time to regulate itself before we start seriously TTC. I’ve never even had a pregnancy scare in 13 years of being sexually active, so I’m a little nervous that I might have trouble conceiving, but hopefully it’s just a case of having been strict about taking the Pill correctly.

Post # 20
1661 posts
Bumble bee

We are getting married in April and plan on starting TTC in November. I have an IUD in that we are going to get removed in around July. Then I’ll have a few months BC free so my uterus is nice and ready for a baby. We’re waiting so that we can save some money post wedding. Also both of us get about a month off in December so if I’m in my first trimester then and super sick ill luckily be at home. It doesn’t feel like long away at all. 

Our baby will likely be born in mid 2018 which is winter here. Intentionally wanting to be heavily pregnant in winter because I can barely cope in hot weather as it is. Haha 

The plan is that I’ll be a Stay-At-Home Mom after that. We both just turned 26 but have been together 9 years and are ready. 

Post # 21
18 posts
Newbee

Getting married at the end of April and will probably TTC straight away.. I’m 27, fiancé is 33- I’ve wanted kids desperately as long as I can remember and have endometriosis so really don’t want to wait once we’re married. Its been a pretty full on few years for us but the wedding is the last big thing for a while so excited to go off BC for the first time in 14 years, relax and just see what happens! 

Post # 22
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

We are getting married march 13th of this year and stopping condoms that same night, and I haven’t been on birth control in years. So next month I’m starting to take prenatals. It just so happens my ovulation cycle starts on our wedding date also so we’re hoping to get pregnant right away but I know it can take a while. I’m 26 & he will be turning 33 the week before our wedding. Right now we aren’t sure if I’m staying home or not. We have to figure out the finances, we live in the Bay Area and it’s really expensive. Wedding planning does make it go by faster, I completely forgot until a week ago and realized I could be pregnant in 3 months. I kind of freaked out for a day or two but realized this is what I want and he does too. We want two kids and he doesn’t want to be much older when we have them. 

Post # 23
3305 posts
Sugar bee

We were thinking about TTC in September this year. We are waiting at the moment because I need to get more of my studies out of the way before we have a baby. I am also in the process of weening off medication that I cannot be on when pregnant hat is also messing up my cycles!!!!!!

We also might have to move thanks to our annoying landlord who is planning on moving into the unit behind us…

Does it seem close or far away?

Kind of close…

How long do you plan to stay home with baby?

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”>I would love to stay at home with our future kids until they are 2, but we just don’t know whether that is possible for financial reasons. I am very reluctant to work full time when they are under the age of 2, so it is a possibiliy that I may work 2-3 days a week from 12 months onwards.

</div>

Post # 24
1108 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We will start TTC this September, but may NTNP prior to that, depending on how we are feeling. One of the reasons for waiting is that in a perfect world, I’d like to time pregnancy so I’m due after April, so we’ll see how that goes. It still feels like a long way away, but will also give me the chance to get in better physical shape first.

I’m in Canada so will be able to take a year, but will likely split that with my Darling Husband. I’d like to take 9 months and have him take 3.

Post # 25
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Joining this thread! Darling Husband and I are both 26, got married July 2016 and will start TTC in July 2017. We’re waiting because of timing; my husband just started a PhD program and it would be too stressful if we had a baby during his 2nd year (after year 2, he’ll be doing research, which is much more flexible than classes).

I am SO EXCITED, though! I’ve been temping/charting for a few months now, I had my pre-conception check up with my OBGYN (where they did genetic testing-all clear!), and I’ve started taking prenatals.

Post # 26
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I may be joining you all sooner  than I thought. We thought we were going to be TTC at the end of this year/start of next year. My husband is a doctor, currently working six month placements. From next month he will be applying for consultant jobs. When he has a consultant job we don’t plan to move. At the moment we have no idea where we will be living in six months time. The absolute earliest he could apply for jobs is next month but it seemed very unlikely, realistically it was going to be more like May or June with the job starting at the end of the year. BUT. The it seems very likely that he will be able to apply for a job where he is already working next month, interviews between March and April. This would mean we would know for sure that we will be able to carry on living here so could start TTC pretty much straight away (probably around May or June). 

We’re not getting our hopes up because obviously the job isn’t definite yet. But fingers crossed. Everything in our lives is in place, we are SO ready. It’s just the frigging job and not knowing where we will be living from the end of the year. If we need to move then we don’t want to be doing it with a baby/while pregnant. We’d rather know where he will be working and know we’re settled into a house first. The job situation is looking really hopeful at the moment though.

We REALLY want a baby. If we get to TTC earlier then it feels really soon.

Post # 27
3305 posts
Sugar bee

Well. I don’t need any baby dust. Turns out we won’t be TTC in September…

I’m  already pregnant 😯

Post # 29
55 posts
Worker bee

October, our second wedding anniversary. I guess we are waiting so that we can mentally prepare ourselves and also save a little bit for baby stuff. 

Does it seem close or far away?

Hmmm in some ways it seems close, cause I can say “its this year”. But also far away cause its still nearly 9 months.

How long do you plan to stay home with baby?

Around 10 months including paid maternity leave, annual leave and family benefits pay. 

Post # 30
3305 posts
Sugar bee

tillymac :  Thank you! Yep. We got ourselves a little surprise honeymoon baby lol. I must be only 3-4 weeks but I KNEW something was up when my feet were really really hot all the time – they are usually freezing!

The topic ‘TTC in 2017?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors