Post # 1
My Darling Husband and I have decided to start TTC in January! I’m just wondering what I should start doing now to prepare my body for TTC. Some background…I’m on BCP and have PCOS. I’ve lost 5lbs in the past couple months and plan to lose 5 more before Jan.
Post # 3
Yay! Great job on the weight loss! I’m newly TTC, so I can’t give you a ton of advice. Have you read “Taking Charge of Your Fertility” yet?
Post # 4
Read TCOYF and GET OFF BCP!!! It’s going to take some time for your body to regulate once off the pill. Good luck!
Post # 5
Visit the dentist! It is something that not many people seem to know about. http://www.everydayhealth.com/pregnancy/getting-pregnant/tip/dentist.aspx
Post # 6
Ha! I hadn’t heard that about the dentist 🙂 I just ordered a copy of TCOYF and can’t wait for it to get here!
Post # 7
We just started TTC a month ago, and I went to the doctor first. Here’s what she told me:
– take a multivitamin (doesn’t have to be prenatal)
– make sure it has at least 1 mg of folic acid, if it doesn’t, take an extra folic acid pill. You can have up to 5 mg a day without it being a problem.
– don’t take advil
– don’t spend too much time in hot tubs (you and your husband)
– don’t get too stressed!
– if it doesn’t happen after a year, go back and look at some options
– make sure you’re up to date on your immunizations 🙁 I had to get an unexpected Tetanus shot…ouch!
Post # 8
@Ms.Bookworm: And, don’t forget to join us on the Charter of the Hive Threads 🙂 You can ask anything and everything!
If you read TCOYF, I would suggest you get a good basal thermometer, maybe some OPK’s if you want, stock/pallet of cheapo pregnancy tests (if your anything like the rest of is you will want to test all the time), and chart at FertilityFriend.com. Fertility Friend also has a great course you can take that explains everything in super fast and easy lessons. TCOYF has some software online you can use to track as well, but I find most bee’s use FF.