(Closed) TTC starting Fall 2012, anyone else?

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@peachbaby4008: Yes! We plan on TTC late summer/early fall 2012. I’ve been trying to exercise more and get more in shape, eat healthier, I’m taking a MVI with folic acid, and I have a couple more trips planned for this year before we start trying. I’m still on BC and don’t plan on coming off of it until this summer.

Post # 4
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Yes, me!  I’d like to lose 20lbs, but mostly because I weighed 20lbs less around this time last year (whoops)!  Our wedding is in June and I’ll finish my last pill pack that month (CAN’T WAIT).  We’re going to be using NFP when we’re TTC, and I’ll be starting prenatals probably in March or earlier.  I’m not sure if we’ll start right away (July) or wait until January.  This may sound ridiculous, but we’ll be NOT ttc for a couple months because we’d prefer to not to have a baby born in July or August.  Hey, this time next year, we might all be pregnant! 🙂

Post # 5
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

As of now our plan is to start trying after our one year anniversary! So next fall. We want to get a house bought this year first, so it is going to be another busy year. I’m excited though.

So far I’m not doing anything. I already go to the gym 3-4 times a week and eat fairly decently, although I could do better. I have my annual visit with my doctor in January so I will talk to him then and make a better plan.

Post # 6
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

My hubby and I plan to start TTC in Fall 2012 as well! I am going to be starting prenatals up in January. Our must have before then though will be to have purchased a bigger home – the home we rent right now is just way too small for us!

Post # 7
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I started my prenatals a few months ago. Now I’m trying to get my teeth and gums super healthy.

Our wedding is in April. I’d like to start trying at the end of next year (Fall/Winter), after we save up for baby expenses and FH gets a new car.

I’m also debating on getting SmartLipo 7-10 months before we start TTC on this trouble spot on my tummy (if you would like, you can read that here—I have a lot of reasons: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/smartlipo-before-or-after-pregnancy-tummy-pooch)One other reason was that I did read (though I didn’t tell my aunt) that after pregnancy you have to wait to get it done, but if you get it done before, the skin is more elastic and so it bounces back and then since those fat cells are gone you don’t gain as much in those areas. I really would rather gain in areas that I can do yoga while pregnant or walk and keep my weight healthy than in an area I just don’t have control over (spinal fusion).

I also hired a handyman already to start putting up crown molding and putting a new closet in our living room so we have more storage space. I keep eyeballing that extra office area like “nursery!! now!!” LOL

Total baby rabies.

Post # 8
1351 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Ummm, we moved out timeline up from 2yr to winter 2012 so I can still count right!! Maybe it’s just the holiday baby fever kicking in, but we’re thinking of trying for a New Year’s Baby next year!!

Post # 9
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Mrs.Elivs: Eeeeee, me too!  I’m seriously getting excited (and, of course, terrified) about it.  We might start right away, but we might also do one more kick-ass trip in the Fall of 2012.  If that’s the case, January 2013 here we come, haha!

@MrsDulce: Our nursery….IS a nursery already, haha.  We just moved in a few months ago and the 3rd bedroom already belonged to a baby girl….so it’s already very girly.  We call it “the baby room” (unless people are over, then we call it “the purple room” hahaha).

Post # 10
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hopefully me! I can’t wait. Hoping to TTC as soon as the wedding is over. In the meantime I’m gonna try to lose some weight (ideally 20lbs before the wedding) go to the doctor and see if there is anything I should be doing, make a dentist appt, and start prenatals.

Post # 11
1351 posts
Bumble bee

Sooo Fiance and I bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility today, and is it just me or is it information overload. We’re interested in not using condoms anymore once we get married, and I’ve already started charting. But, maybe I’m just lazy, is there anything else I really need to know other than chart, take my temps, and get on with life at this point? Maybe I should’ve just purchased what to expect before you’re expecting instead?

Post # 12
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Mrs.Elivs: You know, I thought the exact same thing when I thumbed through it at the book store last week!  I’m planning to buy it anyway since so many people seem to swear by it, but OMG is that ever a lot of information.  I was overwhelmed and held off on buying it until I’ll be able to use it (I’m still on the pill).

Post # 13
1351 posts
Bumble bee

@Juliepants:Haha I just fished the reciept off my fiance to take it back tomrrow. 

Post # 14
4355 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Fiance and I just basically decided that sometime shortly after the wedding we’ll be trying which will be late 2012, early 2013. I feel so nervous when I think about it because I feel like I’ve been preventing pregnancy for so long that when I actually try to get pregnant I won’t be able to. Anyone else have that concern?

Post # 15
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@MrsSawyer: Actually, I’ve heard from a few friends that they got pregnant instantly after coming off the pill and they’ve told me they believe that coming off it made them “super fertile” that month, hahaha.  So I kind of wonder if that will happen for us, too, and whether we should take advantage of it and try right away.  I worry that if it doesn’t happen during that (possibly mythical) “super fertile” timeframe, then we might have more trouble.

Then again, I’m a hardcore worryer, haha.

@Mrs.Elivs: Copy out any good parts first! 😛

Post # 16
1351 posts
Bumble bee

@Juliepants:Fiance just brought up a good point. He asked what am I really looking for in a pre-pregnancy book. Ummm, I don’t know. Guess I’ll just continue taking my pre-natal vitamins, running and doing hot yoga and see what happens next winter!

The topic ‘TTC starting Fall 2012, anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors