(Closed) Tuesday wedding in 2014

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Bent Creek Winery (Livermore, California); Reception: Family Residence (San Ramon, California)

As long as you’re prepared for a lot of guests to decline, I think you can have your wedding whenever you want. Tuesday will be difficult for a lot of people to swing, especially if it’s a destination wedding. But if you’re OK with a lot of guests saying “no,” then I say go for the date that has special meaning to you. But if you want to make it easier on your guests, I say pick a different date. When you get married, that date will become special anyway. 🙂 

Post # 4
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Tuesday destination wedding? That will be hard/impossible for most people. Many people would have to have at least 1 travel day, the wedding party/family would need 2 days probably. So… 3 days off work. If even my best friend and Maid/Matron of Honor said “Hawaii on a Tuesday?” I’d have an extremely hard time. 

Post # 8
1508 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t think the day matter for a Destination Wedding in my opinion. We are attending a wedding in Mexico, and they set up a travel agent to book everyone’s tickets in bulk to reflect some great savings. We all leave on the Sunday and return a week later. The actual wedding is on the Thursday, which really doesn’t matter- we are on holidays anyways who cares what day it is on?

Post # 9
1798 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@MissLibra: I tend to agree with you. Also, travel may be cheaper during the week anyway, so it could actually be easier for people to make it. I would talk it over with some close friends and family before booking anything to see whether it would be feasible for the most important people to make it

The topic ‘Tuesday wedding in 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors