(Closed) Turks & Caicos or other sandals resorts?

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’ve stayed at Beaches – Turks & Caicos…… so I can give you my opinion on that particular hotel….. the only other all-inclusive in T&C I believe is Club Med.  Beaches is FAR better than the Club Med there, HOWEVER, it’s a family resort – meaning it allows children, so it’s not exactly like a Sandals Resort – even though it’s the same company.  I don’t know if that may sway your opinion.  I didn’t honeymoon there, but I happened to win a trip there….. so I am completely unbaised in my opinion – since I stayed there for free. 

The resort itself is stunning.  We stayed in the Caribbean Village Govenor’s One Bedroom Luxury Suite with Concierge Service – it was really nice.  They do have basic rooms as well – those are not as nice (think standard hotel room).  The Italian Village Rooms are the best (don’t stay in the French Village if you decide to go).  Here’s where it gets tricky.  Personally, I loved the all-inclusive aspect – but then again, I didn’t pay for it.  It’s expensive.  VERY expensive.  Was it good?  Yes.  Was it amazingly out of this world awesome?  Not so much.  There are 16 restaurants or something like that…. and trust me, some are MUCH better than others….. but it all depends on what you’re looking to get out of this trip.  If you want to stay on a beautiful island and not have to worry about your drinks, your meals, and your activities…. then it’s worth it.  If you are a super-foodie who enjoys planning everything out and trying new things, than maybe it’s not for you. 

Personally, I loved my stay there – the grounds are beautiful, the staff is wonderful, and I ate pretty well (once you learn which restaurants are worth your time and which aren’t).  There is stuff to do all day – snorkeling, watersports, lounging, etc.  Nighttime is a little tougher – they have “beach party” things, but they also have a lot of evening entertainment geared towards families with teens and children.  Although, not gonna lie, we did enjoy the waterpark, the game room, and the ping pong tables, etc.  🙂 

Post # 4
7 posts
Newbee

There are several things to consider here.  Is the Destination Wedding just the two of you?  Will ther ebe children in attendance? Beaches Turks and Caicos is beautiful! However in December the weather there can be a bit cool if you are looking for tropical. Sometimes low to mid 70’s at best. which is awesome for the wedding but not always great for enjoying the beach.  There is a huge difference in the room types at this resort.  The least expensive rooms are very simple and basic, think Holiday Inn style room with beautiful furnishings. The rooms in the Italian Village are amazing! I agree fully with the previous post. The resort is awesome if you stay in the right area. It offers much more than most all inclusive resorts as far as dining, night life and watersports.

Considering the time of year you might consider one of the Sandals Resorts in Jamaica, St. Lucia or Antigua, if it is just the 2 of you. I hope this helps.

Post # 5
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

My Fiance and I stayed at Beaches in Turks n Caicos and it was really beautiful. There were plenty of restaurants and activities. I agree that the Italian village has the best rooms. The only thing is that while we were on the property there were several weddings going on basically all day.

My fiancé and I are getting married in Bahamas at the Sandals Royal Bahamian in April. The price isn’t so bad but the Martha Stewart themes I find to be a little pricey and a bit confusing.

Post # 6
235 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married in Turks, PM me if you wanna chat about details. 

Post # 7
1352 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We went to Sandals Emerald Bay for our honeymoon. The beaches were beautiful but I didn’t care for the food.  Considering with flights we paid $6K for our honeymoon I wasn’t that impressed and I probably wouldn’t go to another Sandals resort.  It was also very couple focused and don’t get me wrong me and Darling Husband love each other but we like to party and this wasn’t the place for that.  We did talk to some couples there though and I heard A LOT of good things about the Sandals in Antigua.  Hope this helps!

Post # 8
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I orginally was booked at Turks because I fell in love with Grand Turk on a cruise. A month later I changed it to Montego Bay because there is more to do in Jamaica and it is cheaper to fly into. In addition, it’s adults only and instead of the back of the resort, I am getting their nicer room on beach with a butler for same cost as in the back of Turks.

The topic ‘Turks & Caicos or other sandals resorts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors