Post # 1
I need some some feedback or opinions please.
1) I had a conversation with my friends about my ring set and all of a sudden, one of my friends looked horrified to hear that I take off my rings when I get home, that I don’t sleep with it on either and lastly, that I don’t shower with it on. She said that taking off your rings is like telling each other the marriage is in trouble. She said that she would have serious problems if he took his off for a second. She wears her rings 24/7. She said she even showers with it on and doesn’t miss one night wearing it to bed while sleeping. She made me feel like I was committing a crime or engaging in sin!!!
2) Do you wear your band first then e-ring on top?? I do that but then tried the look of the e-ring first then the band on top of that and loved the look. Am I wrong for dong this too? I didn’t think it made a huge difference but apparently to others I’m wearing it WRONG.
Just thought I’d get some feedback on what you Bees do or think. Thanks!
Post # 3
1. we both take our rings off when we get home. I don’t see the point in additional wear and tear, and frankly I just don’t like wearing jewelry around the house!
2. traditionally the band goes closest to your heart, but it’s your ring. Wear it however you like!
Post # 4
@Jazmynju: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with taking your rings off when you get home. I tend to keep my e-ring on more than I should. Just recently I scratched my face in my sleep with it. Or I’ll forget I have it on and knead dough or something. I do take mine off in the shower though because I ‘m worried it will fall off and go down the drain. I can’t see Fiance being willing to replace it!
I’m not married yet, but I do plan to wear my band on the bottom of the stack. I don’t think its wrong to do it differently, though. Your friend is overreacting to your jewelry habits.
Post # 5
@Jazmynju: I take my rings off to sleep, shower, work out, wash dishes, usually cook (because I wash my hands a lot)…..but I wear it the rest of the time. Traditionally, the wedding ring goes closest to the heart, on first then engagement ring, but I will be getting one ring on each side so it won’t matter which is which (one will be wedding band and the other is my birthday, christmas, and anniversary gift this year).
Post # 6
My husband and I both take our rings off overnight, and we’ve both been known to forget to put it on before we leave the house. Your friend is making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Post # 7
1. Nothing wrong with this.
2. I have to admit to always thinking it’s strange when I see this. I also often assume that the wearer of the backwards rings is ignorant of the traditional placement.
Post # 8
I don’t have an engagement ring at this moment, we had one in the past.. When I did, I took both rings off at bedtime, to shower, to do dishes, and sometimes just when at home.. It is so not telling your marriage it is trouble if you take them off at home. That is a silly thing to say!
And, I have seen many of my friends wear the engagement ring first, than the wedding band on top.. I love the look.
Post # 9
1. I take my rings off when I shower, put on lotion, and wash dishes. I don’t want my ring to get dirtier than necessary because having it cleaned at the jewelry store all the time is not good for the ring.
2. My band is first on my finger then my e-ring. I see women with the opposite and figure they just don’t the tradition. It’s their hands and their rings, so I don’t correct them.
Post # 10
1. Darling Husband takes his ring off when he gets home, puts it on his chair arm and usually knocks it on the floor. I usually then find the cat playing with it on the floor. I actually wear the ring Darling Husband got me last Christmas, it’s flatter, and doesn’t get caught on everything like my wedding set does. I wear it on special occasions.
2. I wear the e ring first, since Darling Husband gave me that fi rst then the wedding band. I think since he put the ering on first then he put my band on, I wear it the way he put them on my finger. 😀
Post # 11
@Jazmynju: You need to tell your friend that a marriage is more than a ring. Both of us never wear rings and H doesn’t even have one. We have a pretty strong marriage that has survived lots of hardships such as serious illness. Your friend sounds immature and niave.
Also you can wear your ring anyway you like.
Post # 12
I don’t think there are any “rules” when it comes to your wedding rings. I wear my wedding band 24/7, but not my e-ring. Do what YOU want.
Post # 13
Lol your friend is being dramatic. My commitment doesn’t depend on my ring and I am sure yours doesn’t either. Do WHATEVER you’re comfortable with!
Post # 14
I take it off to shower, but rarely otherwise unless I’m doing something messy.
I will wear the e-ring first (closer to me). It’s tradition where my FIs family is from, and I like it better
Post # 15
@Jazmynju: I often take my rings off at home, shower, exercise etc. Your friend is being ridiculous. I always figure the ring(s) are for wearing in public. You can do what you want in the comfort of your home. Just like you can take off your bra/shoes/anything else if it’s more comfortable, you can take off your ring(s) too. (And it’s none of your friend’s business).
e-ring on top is traditional. But if you want to do it the other way, good for you, it’s your choice.
Post # 16
It sounds like your friend is a member of the Ring Police. LOTS of people take their rings off for all sorts of things; when and where you wear your rings is entirely up to you. You would even be married if you didn’t wear a ring at all! *gasp*
As for which ring to wear first, in the US it is traditional to wear the wedding band first. I admit that it looks “off” to my eye to wear the ER first, but I’m not the one looking at your rings. Wear them the way you wish.