(Closed) Two questions…NWR

posted 6 years ago in Wellness
  • poll: Polls just make things better.
    Sports medicine is definitely the way to go. : (12 votes)
    24 %
    A regular doctor will help you much more. : (9 votes)
    18 %
    I can tell you what's wrong over the Internet!!! : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Ask the parents to pay -- also tell them she's struggling. : (4 votes)
    8 %
    Don't ask for money, and don't tell the parents! : (10 votes)
    20 %
    Tell the parents but don't ask for money. : (3 votes)
    6 %
    MULDER AND SCULLY! : (12 votes)
    24 %
  • Post # 4
    2105 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

    I’d see a regular doctor.  It can be a tear in the cartilage of the joint, or a tendon/ligament problem.  They might want to do an MRI to rule that out.  I’m not sure how far a sports doctor would go to investigate.

    Post # 6
    286 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

    Go to a regular doctor. They aren’t going to say “don’t play rugby”!! And if they do, get a new doctor! If they can’t diagnose you they’ll give you a referral to a specialist. I had shoulder problems once and ended up seeing a orthopedist. Many insurance companies require you to get a referral anyway.


    secondly, I’d help her this one time and if there’s no offer of money let it go. After you’re done, though, let her know that if she wants more help you’d be happy to talk to her parents about hiring you as her tutor again. That’s a nice thing to do and makes it clear that you need some money.

    Post # 7
    6892 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

    I have no clue about number 1.

    Number 2 – I don’t tutor for free. I’m a private tutor on the side and I charge $10 an hour minimum, which is actually quite low, and I say that upfront. Driving that far, I would charge more to make sure gas was covered. I think you probably should have said something prior to agreeing to go though. In this case, you may just do it for free (unless she/they offer to pay when you’re there) but make it clear that next time it won’t be free.

    Post # 9
    2781 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

    Ask the girl to provide comensation for your time, she’s in college why would her parents pay you?

    Post # 10
    5479 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

    Though I voted sports med specialist, you may want to check with an ortho doc instead of a general practitioner or primary care doc.

    PS I love rugby 🙂

    Post # 12
    7174 posts
    Busy Beekeeper


    1.  I feel like I could have written your post last week.  I had the exact same issue – a pain in my upper arm … pain when doing push ups or doing things (like pouring water from a pitcher or lifting things directly up).  I went to my regular doctor because I thought he’d refer me out to an ortho… but, he ended up diagnosing it.  Mine ended up being a tendon issue.  I’d start with your regular doc and see how it goes from there.   Why don’t you think it’s a tendon?

    2.  I’m assuming her parents paid you before – right?  If you don’t want to do it for free, it’s best to have the conversation now.  

    Post # 14
    2607 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

    @peachacid:  LOL.. why are you so worried about getting weighed?  They’re not going to do it in the waiting room in front of a group of hot firemen or anything (probably… )


    The only time I get weighed is during my annual physical, I’ve never been asked to step on a scale for an illness specific appointment.

    Post # 16
    5479 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

    @peachacid:  An ortho doc might not weigh you.  Or, you can just say “If you have to weigh me, is it possible for me to turn the other way?”  The worst possible thing that could happen is they look at you cross-eyed and tell you no.

    The topic ‘Two questions…NWR’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors