(Closed) TWW over – negative hpt & no period… whhaa??

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
1854 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

It is very possible that you ovulated later. Especially if you were on the pill, maybe your body didn’t have time to go back to regular cycles yet.

Before going on the pill, I was on 39 days cycles. The pill brought me down to 28 days, and I was expecting to go back to my long cycles. Well after I stopped the pill, my first cycle was at 27 days. If I was to stay on that cycle, I would be due tomorrow, but I don’t think it’s actually coming either, and the many HPT I did were negative.

So I think I just ovulated later than last month and my body is still adjusting to these changes. Could be happening to you too!

Post # 4
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

It’s also possible that you are pregnant but too early to detect by the over-the-counter tests.  Not to get your hopes up, but if you still haven’t gotten your period in a few more days, I’d take another test.

Post # 6
1854 posts
Buzzing bee

@Miss OBG: Also possible! Oh, I hope for you that this is the reason!

Post # 7
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

When I was on the pill, my cycle was always 28 days…always.  Since going off, it was 35 and then 30.  I would say wait another few days and then test b/c you never know!

Post # 8
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I would say it may just take you a few more months to get on a normal cycle after coming off BCPs.   Going from a 28 day cycle to a 30+ day cycle isn’t that uncommon.  

Post # 9
2820 posts
Sugar bee

Frustrating times.  I was the same way and turns out I was pregnant.  Must have ovulated late.   Just keep testing or the period will eventually show up.

Post # 10
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Yeah the worst part is that nothing means anything!  You could just start late, have a chemical pregnancy, really be pregnant….  I have been off BC for 6 cycles.  4 of them were about 32 days.  Two were 40.  Not really sure why but I suspect chemical pregnancy because I had ovulation signs around the 18-20 day mark.  Just be patient and you will eventually get an answer!

Post # 11
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

After getting off birth control, my cycles alternated between lengths in the 20s and the 40s.  It was something like 26, 28, 44, 29, 40, 35, 33, 33, or something like that.  They were 28 days on bc and in the 30 somethings before bc.  (I don’t think they have ever been completely regular but I think they were around 35 before bc.)  Hope that helps.

Post # 13
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - MacLean Park

Make sure you’re also waiting the full time alloted for your HPTs. I missed my first positive because I threw it away too soon! It was super faint, but a couple days later when I tested, I’d forgotten about it and left it on the counter after the 15 seconds and didn’t throw it away. Sure enough when I went back in to pee, I had the faint second line! I dug up my previous test, and saw an even fainter little line. If I’d waited longer before, I would have known that much earlier! Those detected at 20 (not sure what the quantifier is here, IU? ML? whatevs), where most counter tests detect at levels of 40 or more. Good luck!

Post # 14
1854 posts
Buzzing bee

OMG it’s happening to me too! I am 2 days late now.. I tested two days prior to my expected date and it was negative, so now I just have to wait until it shows…

I’m so bummed, Darling Husband will be away during my fertile days of next cycle.. We have to wait until May to try again.

Post # 15
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Unfortunately, it’s not that unusual, I guess.  I was A WEEK LATE and i had pregnancy-type symptoms, but no positive test.  AF showed up the day I called the dr. and arranged an appointment.  I still went to the appointment.  I was kinda disappointed and relieved at the same time. 

Oh, and I went through like five HPT’s and all of them were negative.  I tested before, the day of, and several days off-and-on after. 

If it doesn’t show or you don’t get a BFP, call your doctor and tell them what’s going on.  They’ll probably want to see you to make sure something isn’t wrong.

good luck!!!!

The topic ‘TWW over – negative hpt & no period… whhaa??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors