(Closed) UB Vista 2015 Bassinet- safe for regular overnight sleeping?

posted 5 years ago in Babies
Post # 2
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Not sure about the 2015, I have the 2014, but if the base is the same then it’s totally safe. The bassinet is pretty secure in the stand because it clicks into it. It’s safe as long as you keep it a safe sleeping environment (nothing in there but baby, likely a swaddled baby). You won’t be able to use it once baby is no longer swaddled or can move around because the sides are not breathable and there’s a risk of suffocation.

Just a warning, though! I fully intended on using the bassinet in my room at first but my son had other plans – he HATED it! He screamed bloody murder whenever we put him in it. He ended up sleeping his first 4 months in a Rock n Play. You know what they say about the best laid plans after all… 😉 I ended up using the bassinet a whopping 3 times total. If I’d known that I’d probably have gotten the Cruz, not the Vista. Now I have a really expensive dirty clothes hamper!

Post # 3
882 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
beachbee17:  I am pretty sure it’s the mattress that has to meet certain qualifications for the over night sleeping and they can’t make claims that it is safe for it if it isnt but I would consult your pediatrician about it. We are getting a Vista too but I don’t like that the bassinet doesn’t seem well ventilated so i won’t be using it for sleeping. I think we will get the Halo Bassinest. 

Post # 5
882 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
beachbee17:  yeah, if she decides to use a different bassinet that is a thought. Although, I’m not sure the Cruz converts to a twin (haven’t really researched it) which is a huge selling point for us because we are starting our family later in life than some. We are sure to have two in a stroller at once if the Lord’s plans align with ours😉

I love having the bassinet option for day trips away from home so baby has a safe place to sleep but I just wouldn’t consider it a great option for overnight sleep for me personally. We don’t have a ton of room by our bed which makes the Bassinest the best choice for us so we can maneuver easily in and out of bed. I like that I will easily be able to look at him/her through the netting too. 

Post # 6
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I think if it’s safe for overnight use, it’s safe for everyday overnight use. I can’t imagine there’s some intermediate option when it comes to sleep safety – it’s either safe or it’s not. 

I have the UB Cruz and I love it, but there are definitely big differences between the Cruz and the Vista. The Vista has better shock absorbers, it can be turned into a double stroller by attaching a rumble seat (the Cruz can’t) and the Cruz requires a separate infant insert to be used for a newborn baby. 

Post # 7
2542 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
beachbee17:  Yes. My son slept beside our bed for the first 6 months in an UB vista bassinet set on the stand. It can be easily transported on to the stroller. My only complaint would be that it looks a little more functional and utility looking than cute. I envied the beautiful looking moses baskets and bassinets, but the vista bassinet was totally functional. Love the vista.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Sunshine09.

The topic ‘UB Vista 2015 Bassinet- safe for regular overnight sleeping?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors